Hazelwood To Home
Learning In Community
April 21, 2021
Consulte la nota a continuación en español. (Please see note below in Spanish)
We are off and running in our second week of K-6 Hybrid and Remote Learning. Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and patience. We are excited to see our students both online and in the classroom. Your partnership in yet another transition has been greatly appreciated. We have learned a few things in the last week.
- There is a slight lag between when families complete the attestation form and when we see it on our end. For a smooth entry, it is helpful if families complete filling out the form by 8:45.
- When weather is warmer, students are drinking lots of water. We are prepared for this with extra water available, however our drinking fountains are covered to reduce the spread of germs. Please send your student to school with a water bottle.
- Student masks break easily. It is helpful when students bring a back up mask to school. We have disposable masks available for students who do not have an extra mask.
- When students misplace their coats, lunchboxes, or water bottles, it is easiest for us to return belongings with names on them. Please label your child's belongings.
It is expected get cooler next week, please dress your student for the weather. We will be going outside even if it is lightly raining or cool so that students can move around and get exercise.
Thank you for sharing your students with us. We consider it a privilege to work with them and with your family.
Este boletín se puede traducir al español. Busque el botón que dice "traducir" en el lado derecho de esta letra. Si está leyendo el boletín en su teléfono celular, el botón "traducir" estará en la parte superior.
This newsletter can be translated into Spanish or other languages. Choose the "translate" button on the right hand side of this letter. If you are reading this newsletter on your cell phone, the "translate" button is at the top. Select the language you would like translated.
Línea directa en español disponible (Spanish Hotline Available)
- Learning is happening 5 days a week.
- For hybrid students, attendance is taken first thing in the morning. We will be calling home if your student is not in class. If you know that your student will be absent on one of their in-person days, please call our office and let us know.
- For students who are coming to school in hybrid, this means that they will come to school for two of the days and work independently on the remaining three days.
- For students who are remote, they participate in Zoom classes on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and work independently on Wednesday.
- We take attendance on independent days based on what your student works on.
Please watch for communication from your child's teacher about what needs to be completed during independent days.
Welcome to Nasarin Ahmed!
From Our PTA
Welcome to our 2 new PTA Board Members for 2021-22!
Co-Vice Presidents Selma Porca & Leah Raney are joining the returning board members.
Returning board members are:
Co-Presidents - Yvette Soto & Katy Bernhardt
Secretary - Shawna Crompton
Volunteer Coordinator - Eman Abujayyab
Membership Coordinator - Karin Cross
We still have an opening for the Treasurer position! Please email HazelwoodElementaryPTA@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the team or learning more.
Upcoming PTA Events
Tuesday, May 11th - Hungry for Hazelwood at MOD Pizza (2902 164th St SW, Lynnwood) starting at 10:30am. More info and RSVP here www.groupraise.com/events/186922
Thursday, May 20th at 6pm via Zoom - Final PRIME Time & General Meeting Event. All are invited to join us to hear about end of year events and hear about plans for next year! Look for the zoom link and more info to come out soon.