SGE Family Newsletter
September 5, 2022
Para traducir esta carta al espanol, haga clic en "Translate/Traducir" a la derecha de la pantalla. Haga clic en el menu despegable para seleccionar el idioma preferido.
To translate this letter to a different language, click "Translate" on the right side of the screen. Click on the drop-down menu to select the preferred language.
September - Hydrocephalus Awareness Month
Sept 5 - Staff & Student Holiday
Sept 6 - No School / Staff Development
Sept 6 - 2nd Grade Progress Reports post to Family Access, 3:30pm (See directions below)
Sept 5-9 - Substitute Appreciation Week
Sept 7-9 - Homecoming Week (see dress-up themes below)
Sept 12 - Remember 9/11
Sept 12 - Texas First Responders Day
Sept 12-16 - Celebrate Freedom Week
Sept 14 - Books & Cookies with G.R.A.N.D.S. (see flyer below)
Sept 16 - Smart Smiles Screening
Sept 19-23 - Start with Hello Dress Up Days (see flyer below)
Sept 23 - End of 1st Six Weeks
Sept 26 - No School / Staff Development
Oct 5 - Fall Individual Pictures
***GRANDPARENTS' DAY TICKET***
Any guest arriving without the event ticket will be asked to sign in at the office with his/her photo ID before joining the event.
1st Six Weeks Progress Reports
See directions below.
Visiting for Lunch
- All lunch visitors MUST check-in through the front office and receive a visitor's badge. Please have your photo ID available and wear your printed visitor badge where it is visible for all staff. Any visitor NOT wearing a badge sticker will be escorted to the office and required to check-in at the front office. The badge authorizes access to the cafeteria ONLY. Lunch visitors are not allowed access to the classroom/playground/etc when visiting for lunch.
- Lunch visitors MUST be listed in Student Skyward access. Visitors coming for lunch with our Bulldogs must be listed in Skyward as a family member or contact to be allowed to eat with a student.
- Lunch visitors must sit at designated tables during lunch time.
- Students with lunch visitors may not invite classmates/friends to sit at the visitors' table.
- Any outside lunch brought to enjoy with your student may not be shared with other students at anytime due to state nutrition guidelines and requirements.
- Due to supply issues, any lunch visitor must provide his/her own lunch. Visitor meals can not be purchased through our cafeteria at this time.
How do I request a change in transportation?
- Submit an email on the same day as the transportation change request by 1:30pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the following details in the email:
-student's full name
-student's grade level
-student's homeroom teacher
-the transportation change you want made for today (bus to car, car to bus, etc)
In order to ensure a smooth dismissal process for all students, requests made after 1:30pm will not be processed. Notes, phone calls, text messages and emails sent to any other email will not be processed.
Click this link to view transportation contact information, bus service registration, and an FAQ regarding bus transportation.
Shady Grove Elementary School
7:15am Office Opens
7:40am School Begins
7:45am Tardy Bell
9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
1:30pm Transportation changes due, please email: email@example.com
3:20pm Student Dismissal
4:00pm Office/School Closes