The Kirk Fenton Pro
Weekly newsletter for staff 11th December 2019
Happy New Year!
It feels as though we have never been away already. Thanks for all the feedback about the training day, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was great to see all the photos so please do print some out for the staff room for the people that couldn't make the meeting. Hopefully they will keep us smiling over the next few weeks.
I'm sure that this term will be as busy as ever with lots going on both in and out of the classrooms. As always, you know where I am....
Messages, Information, reminders and notices
- Staff meetings - I gave out the list of staff meeting details for this term at Wednesday's meeting but I know that I hadn't printed enough. I have put spare paper copies in the staff room and moved an electronic copy into the Staff Meeting drive on Google.
- Tuesday's Staff Meeting - This meeting is Visit Leader Training for teachers only and will be from 4:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Staff Governor - Gemma is stepping down as staff governor in the new year so I will be looking for someone to take on this interesting role. It can be any member of staff, so teacher or TA. Please let me know by 15th January.
- Kim - Kim has let me know that she has decided that she will not be returning to work following her maternity leave. This is a real shame but I can fully understand her decision.
- Mugs - If you have any unwanted mugs in your cupboard at home,please bring them in and then we can get rid of some of the grottier ones in the staff room.
- Worship - Please remind your children that they should be respectful during worship so that everyone can hear what's being said.
- Student - Welcome to Joanne Marshall who is joining us until March working with Emma in Year 5.
Diary Dates Next Week
- Pantomime in hall am (Snow White)
- 3:30 SLT Meeting - Updating the SIP
Tuesday 15th -
- Helen Butler in Y1 am
- 9:30 Amelia Formstone to see OD & AG (YR)
- 9:30 Martyn Sibley CEO & John Lees NYCC Admissions to see KW
- 16:00 Visit Leader Training for Teachers
- 18:30 Governors' Meeting
Wednesday 16th -
- 9:30 AC out am & lunchtime
- 12:15 Hedwig PPM - PA, DOC, EB, KW
- 14:00 Core Group Meeting JW (Y1)
- 15:30 Year 6 PPM - BC, EB, KW
- 15:30 CTu to Sherburn Hungate, Maths
- 16:30 Year 5 PPM - EB, KW
Thursday 17th -
- Helen Butler in Y1 am
- 09:30 CIN Meeting CE (Y6) & LE (E)
- 10:00 Tracy Ashton to see AR (Y5)
- 12:15 Errol PPM - CTu, EB, KW
- 13:00 KS1 Sports Hall Athletics @KF - Help needed to clear hall please
- 15:30 Reception PPM - AH, KH, KW
Friday 18th -
- Errol & Hedwig visit to Royal Armouries
- 10:30 Julie Broome to see MM (YR) & NB (Y2)
Thank you's and Well done's.....
I would like to thank everyone that entered in to the spirit of the training day on Monday. It was a lovely day and I now know I will have to think further out of the box for next year!
This week's birthdays....
Judith - today 11th January
Karen P - next Friday on the 18th