Update on School Reopening
Dear Inlet View Parents, guardians, and students.
Are you enjoying the snow from today?
Good evening inlet View families, Inlet View staff and I are excited to have students back in school. We are confident that our mitigation plan fully supports the re-entry of our students in grades K-2 and combo class 2/3. The plan will be available online once is revised and approved by elementary division. The safety committee will offer a zoom meeting to present Inlet View's plan to all families on Thursday, Nov 5th at 6:00 pm (tentatively). Please stay tuned.
In preparing for the re-opening, here are some items for you to consider.
- Students should practice wearing a mask (this will be required at school including during recess). I encourage practicing in time increments to build stamina.
- See your child's doctor before we return if you need to update asthma action plans and allergy plans (we need to know if your child's symptoms are new or related to their chronic health conditions)
- Drinking fountains will not be in use, so plan for labeled water bottles. PTA and the school are working on a plan to support all students having a water bottle at school.
- Prepare your child, that school will not be like other years. We will not be mingling with friends from other classes (not even at recess), we will eat lunch in our classrooms.
- Students will have PE class and Spanish will be scheduled every two weeks
- Make sure your child is dress for the weather. We're planning on utilizing outdoor spaces often.
Thank you for your continuous support. If you have any questions or concerns let your teacher or myself know and we'll be happy to talk about your specific situation.
Mark your Calendars!
Oct 19-22 Parent/Teacher Conferences
Oct 23 Professional Development Day (No-School)
Oct 24 Inlet View's first annual Lasagna Night Dinner Dance
Oct 29 Building Design Committee meeting at 6:00 pm (all are invited)
Nov 3 Election Day (No School)
Nov 16 School Reopens for grades K-2 and 2/3 Combo
Picture Day Information
Picture Day at school has been postponed until spring 2021 depending on circumstances.
However, In an effort to serve families that would like to have pictures for christmas cards and some fall/winter memories, below is an option that lifetouch has available for you.
Appointments scheduled at the Lifetouch office
Families can call the Anchorage office and schedule a time to come in for photography.
- Parents still can order portraits and will receive a digital download with every order.
- Portrait packages would be delivered to the Lifetouch office and parents would need to pick them up there.
If interested contact
Serving All of Alaska and Hawaii
School Photography & Yearbooks I Lifetouch Inc.
3925 Reka Dr. Anchorage, AK 99508
Cell: 907.952.1529 I 808.927.2690