Costa Rica & Confirmation
Pocono Plateau - 304 Pocono Plateau Rd Cresco, Pa 18326
- Drop Off @St. Pauls; 6:00PM - Friday, February 9 *Eat dinner before or bring packed dinner for bus!
- Bring snacks to share for group (peanut/tree-nut free)
- Bring thermal travel mug for hot beverages & reusable water bottle (labeled)
- Bring plenty of warm clothes & outdoor gear that can get dirty (we'll be outside)
- Pick-up @St. Paul's; 12:30PM or earlier - Sunday, February 11
*See Packing List for All Items Needed For The Retreat!
For Costa Rica Participants!
- We will be doing a card-sponsorship campaign similar to one we ran in 2012 for a previous trip to New Orleans.
- Photos will be taken of all participants and leaders and will be compiled into a collage on a bulletin board in the Gathering Space and will be covered with sponsorship cards that people will be able to "un-decorate" during Lent.
- Each card will be valued in all amounts from $1 through approx. $500 (the purpose is to encourage everyone to be able to participate)
- For this to be successful, we will ask each participant and leader to write a brief thank you note for those who financially support this trip. We will be writing these notes on the retreat! The leaders will provide structure and assistance.
- This campaign has the potential to raise a significant amount of money and is important to help our service trips continue to be successful and meaningful for all of our teens. We will also be helping to spread the word on social media hopefully with a credit card option so we encourage you to spread the word to family and friends!
- Please speak with your teen before the retreat about this fundraiser and the importance of the generosity that our congregation has shown for our youth program. We are truly blessed to have a supportive church community, a welcoming youth program, wonderful teens and families and the opportunities to have such meaningful service trips!
St Paul's Lutheran Church Youth Program
(SOUP SUPPERS - 2/21 through 3/21; 6:30 - 7:30PM)
Wednesday Nights Throughout the School Year from 7:00 to 8:30pm - Sr. High Youth Group and Pizza Dinner for Grades 9-12, and Confirmation Classes and Pizza Dinner for Grades 7-8. Fun events also run throughout the year - summer Mission Trips, weekend retreats, community service activities and group outings.
Youth Choir: Wednesdays; Grades 7 & 8; 6:15-7:00pm
Sunday School - Every Sunday Morning Throughout the School Year at 9:30am
- Senior High (Grades 9-12): Taught by our Director of Youth Ministry, Karen Wurster, our engaging Sr. High class welcomes a large group of teens to discuss current life topics related to faith. We meet in the Youth Room on the ground floor. You are always welcome....come even if you haven't been able to come for a while.... Friends are always welcome too!
- Grades 7-8: Led by a team of inspired, caring teachers, the 7-8 grade program complements the Confirmation program, so that the two programs together cover a comprehensive scope. Grade 7 focuses on the Old Testament, while Grade 8 centers on New Testament stories. It is not necessary to be a confirmation student to participate--come anytime! Grade 7 meets in Room F and Grade 8 in Room A/B.
Upcoming Events & Service Opportunities!
- Aid For Friends - Confirmation students can always earn service hours for making food to donate to Aid For Friends. Meals are prepared on the first Tuesday of each month. The next AFF meal assembly day will be Tuesday, February 6th in the St. Paul's kitchen. Donations of homemade cookies are needed - please bring donations any Wednesday night to Pizza Dinner or to kitchen by 9am February 6. If you have any questions, please contact Carole Hatton at 215-794-7646*
- Lenten Soup Suppers*
- Easter Bake Sale Prep - Sat., March 24*
- Easter Bake Sale - Sun., March 25*
*Opportunities for confirmation service hours.