My Sports Role Model - By: Huda Siddiqui
Died: Still Alive
From: San Dimas, California
Alex Morgan is a professional American soccer player. She is a Olympic gold medalist, and has won multiple awards. She is also a FIFA world Cup Champion! Morgan is one of the most youngest players on the team, she is only 26. :)
Challenges She Faced
1. Alex Morgan's dad had coached her rec. soccer team since she was young.
2. When Alex was 13 she changed from rec. soccer to club soccer.
3. Alex's club soccer coach directly said she couldn't make the team. Look where she is now!
4. Six months after she joined a different club soccer team the Cypress Elite team, Alex got a call from ODP (Olympic Development Program).
5. In the middle of a ODP game Alex tore her ACL in her knee and she had surgery, they gave her a cast, but she stilled played soccer. Nothing can bring her down!