SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
March 8, 2013 (Vol. 10)
Thank you for all that you do for our students! Have a great conference week!
- Quote of the Week: "There's no one quite like a special teacher, and no teacher quite as special as you." Author Unknown
- Dr. McNamara - for presenting "Changes in the Classroom" to our parents (about 80 showed up!); a great presentation about the Common Core.
- 2nd Grade Performance - Great job second grade teachers and Mrs. Barba. What a beautiful performance!
- Book Club - Thank you to Ellen, Jeanne, Katy, Christine, Lindsey, Lisa Sturt, and Jackie for your time, input, and great feedback!
- Kinder Team - What a lovely visit to CC and SV.
So many great strategies to increase participation! Way to go Solana Highlands!
Students learning about sound in 2nd Grade
Roundtable and Four Corners
Great way to review material, have student accountability, and have students talk about key subject matter!
Education Corner: An Educator Shifts Her Thinking In Three Key Areas
This article discusses three core instructional strategies (three things that we are doing at Highlands!): Gradual Release of Responsibility, Being Clear with Objectives, and Assessment.