Instructional Technology Coach
Take "SuperTapia to "ISTE 2015 ** Bring on the new educational technology information ~ I'm ready!!
Ms. Tapia ~ Liberty's Tech-hero!!
My "Super-Tech" Motto I choose to live by is: "What I don't know... I learn."
I want to create an environment at my school where students and teachers become lifelong learners. Where they can extend their learning, by taking risks and build capacity as leaders within our district. I know I don't have all the answers and that is why I am a lifelong learner. ISTE 2015 will help me grow professionally and I can share my new knowledge with my school next year.
Motivated, professional with a masters in Education and a successful 17-year track record of teaching experience. Demonstrated history of producing interactive computer driven lesson plans, thematic units and assessments meeting the Arizona Common Core State Standards with College and Career Readiness and National Technology Standards.
School leader and liaison when questions concerning computer technologies and programs arise. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily adapt and find a team solution. Thrives in deadline-driven environments. Excellent team-building skills. Encourages parental and child involvement in meetings and conferences.
ISTE 2015 --- Pick me!! Pick Me!!
Sunday, June 28th, 9pm to Wednesday, July 1st, 11pm
Philadelphia, PA, United States
- Technology Trainer of all SUSD designated programs and beyond
- Design & Provide Professional Development Presentations for Teachers based on SUSD, school and teacher needs
- Cognitive Coach for staff and teachers
- Parent Education & Training Experience
- Experience Teaching 1-1 Computers (grades 6-8)
- School Leadership
- Lesson Planning for 21st Century
- Design & Provide Professional Development Presentations for Teachers
- Peer Coaching & Teacher Mentorship
- Create & Deliver Lesson Plans to address: AzCCSSS, Student Data & Diverse Populations
Online writing activity in Google Docs
I coach teachers to teach students how best to incorporate technology into their classroom lessons.
Think pair share..
Students work together to complete research.
I assist teachers in how to utilize new programs in their classrooms.
Facilitator of Professional Development
- New Teacher Induction - Classroom Mangaement
- B.E.S.T. Teacher Evaluation
- District Math In-services
- AVID: Cornell notes, Socratic Seminar, Tutorials, Critical Reading, Test Taking Strategies
- Technolgy Trainings: SUSD LEARN, PowerSchool, HoverCam, ThinkLink, Smore, Google Trek, Code.org, Tynker, BookTrack, Animoto, Stroome, Pixton, GoAnimate, ReadWriteThink, & wegivebooks .com
- Liberty Kindness Project Leader - 1 year
- Math Committee Leader - 2 years
- Team leader - 8 years
- Teacher Mentor - 8 years
- Facilittor of AVID training - 4 years
- Avid Co-corrdinator - 1 year
- Summer school director - 1 year
- Member of EdTrust – 6 years
- Educator Economic Association – 5 years
- We The People – 3 years
- Member of AzTEA - 2 years
Aquired Professional Development
- District Trainer of Trainers: Math and B.E.S.T.
- Cognative Coaching - SARSC
- AVID - Cornell notes, Critical Reading, Tutorial Training
- Peer Coaching – Career Ladder
- Classroom Management
- Technolgy Training: Google Trek, Edmodo, Abobe PhotoShop, Microsoft Movie Maker, Online Game Building