The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 5/27/2018
Happy Memorial Day! We'll see you on Tuesday, Generals!
Doug Collier, retired DEA Officer, speaks to our 7th graders about vaping.
Chorus students share ideas for stage presence during the spring concert. Don't miss it! 5/30: Band @ 6:00pm; Vocals @ 7:15pm.
8th graders coaching future Generals at the Band Invitational!
DDE Staff Lil' Generals Joined Us for Take Your Child to Work Day!
Related Arts Course Selection for Current 6th and 7th Graders
It is time to log in to the Genesis Parent Portal and help your child choose their related arts course for the 2018-19 school year. The portal will be open for current 6th and 7th grade students from May 21st until June 1st.
Students will be able to select full year OR semester courses based on the following configurations:
Semester Options (in either order):
Music Exploration; Art
Music Exploration; Digital Art
Art; Digital Art
Submissions MUST be entered by Friday, June 1st. Any student who does not enter a selection by this date will be assigned a course at random.
Please see the attachment for directions on how to make a course request in Genesis. Please click the link below to review course descriptions.
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, May 29: 6th Grade Trip
- Wednesday, May 30: Spring Concert - Band @ 6:00pm; Vocals @ 7:15pm
- Friday, June 1: 8th Grade Dance
- Thursday, June 7: 7th Grade Trip
- Friday, June 8: Principal's Social
- Tuesday, June 12: 8th Grade Trip
- Wednesday, June 20: Early Dismissal
- Wednesday, June 20: 8th Grade Graduation @ 3:00pm @ West Freehold School
- Thursday, June 21: Early Dismissal
- Friday, June 22: Early Dismissal and Last Day of School!
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
- The final PTO meeting of the school year is Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @ 8:30am in the STEAM Center. This is a new date and time, so please adjust your calendar accordingly.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
6th and 7th Grade Parents/Guardians Needed!
As it is custom, we are asking for 6th and 7th grade parents to chaperone our 8th grade dance this year on June 1, 2018 from 6:00pm-9:30pm. Please sign up on the volunteer spot link below so we can get a count of how many chaperones we have.Signing up is easy, just click link below; there's no need to login in. We hope you can help!
Above all, we want to thank you in advance for supporting the 8th grade dance. If you have any questions, please contact Linda Lopes at email@example.com.
8th grade dance committee
8th Grade Information
- Invitations went home for the 8th grade dance!
- 8th grade event letter from Dr. Brethauer: http://bit.ly/2I7z3sg
- 8th grade dance donations: http://bit.ly/2Kv6nru
- Parents/Guardians: Please make sure to clear up all fees and/or fines (including lunch money), as well as missing attendance notes. Graduation tickets will not be issued to anyone with outstanding fees, fines, or attendance notes.
Attention all boys basketball players attending Freehold Boro High School Next Year: Open skills and drills workouts will be taking place every Tuesday and Thursday in the main gym of the high school from 5:00pm-7:00pm beginning on July 3rd and running through Aug 9th. There is a $5 fee to cover all insurance costs for the entire summer. No sign up required.
Save the Date: 3rd Annual Pocketbook Bingo & Gift Auction!
Thank you for your support!