Increasing Student Achievement One Student at a Time
What is learned about formative assessment permeates everything an educator does day to day!
What is it?
This professional learning series is derived from and supports the Formative Assessment for Michigan Educators (FAME) project which commenced in the 2008-09 school year.
It is designed to train K-12 teachers on how to embed a researched-based and proven formative-assessment process into their daily practice.
During this four-day series, teachers will build capacity and a clear understanding of what it means to transform instruction to achieve increased student performance.
What will teachers learn?
How to develop and implement the formative assessment process in their daily practice, even in classrooms designed for inquiry-based teaching and learning.
The components of a formative-assessment process which include:
- learning targets and determining criteria for success
- aligned planning for student-focused learning
- effective use of student evidence
- application of formative-assessment strategies
- selection and use of appropriate formative-assessment tools
- effective feedback
- questioning that fosters metacognition
Day 1 of 4
Thursday, Nov. 30th, 8am-3pm
2413 West Maple Avenue
All session will be held from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM in Room ABCD at the address above.
- Thursday, December 7, 2017
- Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Earn up to 24