May 28, 2023
Dear Hawk Families:
During this Memorial Day weekend, may we never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom! Thank you to ALL who currently serve in our military!
29 Memorial Day Holiday - No School
31 Fitness Club Awards @ 9 a.m.
8 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony @ 9 a.m. (CHES Track)
9 Minimum Day (TK/K Dismissal @ 12:25, 1st-5th Dismissal @ 12:35)
9 D4$ @ Sunny Scoops Ice Cream
REMINDER--EVERY THURSDAY IS A TIME-BANKING DAY & 1ST-5TH GRADES ARE RELEASED AT 1:25 PM. K is released at 1:15 PM. TK is released at 12:55 PM.
Hawks Health Garden--Get Involved!
For the 2023/24 school year, Hawks Health Garden will be looking to fill these positions:
Busy Bee Leader - Volunteer to open the garden on Mondays before school 8:20-8:45 and one for afternoon recess time on Fridays
Crop Coordinator - Plan and organize what is planted where and when
Garden AIR - Part-time coach to teach & support lessons
Garden Volunteer Coordinator - At-home communication and coordination of garden activities
Come join our Hawks Health Garden team! If interested, please contact Teacher Liaison Nancy Bellinghiere Hall at email@example.com. Thank you!
5th Grade Promotion Details - June 8th @ 9 a.m. (CHES Track)
Attention 5th-grade families! Save the Date! Thursday, June 8th is the 5th Grade Promotion! It will be on Chaparral's Track from 9 am - 11 am.
A few reminders on this day:
- Parking lot is reserved for STAFF ONLY. Please DO NOT park in the parking lot. Please park offsite. Both the front gate and back will be open on the day of the ceremony. Please be mindful of the residences and park accordingly. We recommend arriving early to park!
- No balloons, large signs, or anything that would obstruct guests' view, will be allowed at promotion. Everyone should get the opportunity to see the proud moment when their 5th grader promotes. Please be respectful of the other guests in attendance.
- You will NOT need to check in when attending the promotion ceremony.
- Students will be allowed to check out early after the ceremony has ended. More details to follow.
- A photographer will be on-site to take photos of ALL the promoting 5th graders. We will ensure that photos are taken when walking and receiving their certificates. Please keep this in mind so you do not have to feel pressured about getting a good photo of your student. Photos will be available shortly after the promotion, using the following link: 5th Grade Graduation 2023 - Memento
We look forward to celebrating your 5th grader!
Volunteers Needed! 5th Grade Promotion Set-up & Clean-up
The end of the school year is right around the corner! We have been busy planning some fun events for the 5th-graders to celebrate their time at Chaparral. We need your help with the 5th-grade Promotion Ceremony set up on Wednesday, June 7, and clean up on Thursday, June 8. Traditionally the parents of younger students (especially 4th-grade parents who will be here next year) help with the setup and clean up the day of the promotion so the 5th-grade families can celebrate with their students. Please grab a friend and sign up to volunteer! Thank you very much!
Chaparral 5th Grade Promotion Committee
Can I still order a yearbook post-deadline?
Although the deadline for free delivery has passed, you can still order your CHES yearbook and pay for shipping to the school or your home. Check out the flyer for details.
PeachJar Flyer: https://share.peachjar.com/flyers/2489106/districts/5639
1st day of school supply kits are available!
Last D4$ @ Sunny Scoops Ice Cream - June 9th
PeachJar Flyer: https://share.peachjar.com/flyers/2396964/schools/54104
Earn Cash for Chaparral with BoxTops!
Did you know that Chaparral earns $.10 for each approved product, clipping is no longer required and it's easy through the new app! Download the new Box Tops App and designate Chaparral Elementary as your school. Scan your receipts from retailers like Costco, Ralph's, Vons, Target, Amazon, and Wal-Mart and let the app do the work for you. Send the link to family, caregivers, and friends to help Chaparral reach our goal!
Parking Lot Safety and Logistics--Permit needed
Please be aware that our school parking lot is reserved for staff and a parking permit is needed. Parents parking in the staff lot for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up is negatively affecting our campus. Our staff exceeds the number of parking spots available and therefore, parking in the lot is causing additional challenges. In addition, there are several safety concerns as parents and children are walking through the lot as traffic is moving. Please use crosswalks and use the drive-thru lane, as intended. If you must park, please park off site and follow traffic laws.
Traffic violations and unsafe driving still remain the number one complaint amongst our school community. Please view our following videos that may help set expectations of drop-off and pick-up procedures.
Front Gate Video - https://youtu.be/qdLZLhRNklc
Back Gate Video - https://youtu.be/bC54IAA_sIs
School Parking Video - https://youtu.be/DbGVXjnuKYI
Please click the button and review details about helping us conduct safe drop-off and pick-up practices every day!
In order to Volunteer on campus, PUSD's Volunteer Requirements must be met and the following documentation needs to be submitted to the office:
1) Megan's Law clearance form + picture ID (signed annually)
2) TB clearance/negative result from a health care provider (Good for 4 years)
3) Code of Conduct form (signed annually)
4) Code of Confidentiality (signed annually)
Note--the district office needs at least 2 weeks to process and clear volunteers once all forms/documents are submitted; therefore, please submit the volunteer paperwork as soon as you are able.
Please bring the completed form, and any medication, to our front office.