The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, June 01, 2015
Events This Week!
on Monday afternoon for Ad Council
on Tuesday for a few hours for the 5th grade Transition to AGS
Grade Fixes for the Year!
As a reminder, our “Grade Fixes” that we agreed to pilot for this school year are:
▫ Fix 1: Don’t include student behaviors in grades; include only achievement
▫ Fix 5: Don’t consider attendance in grade determination; report absences separately
▫ Fix 6: Don’t include group scores in grades; use only individual achievement evidence
"Grading" SI Action Team Requests:
- As a staff, we are going to focus on one fix per month
- For this month, please read Fix #6: Don’t include group scores in grades; use only individual achievement evidence. Please read pp. 52-56 and provide your feedback to either Gabe or Callie. It is actually very easy reading and we do value your comments as we used them to lead our discussion.
We will compile and share this feedback at our January team meeting and with the rest of the staff.
Observation / Evaluation Process Update
YEAH!!! We are done with observations and evaluations for the year!
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- Our next Staff Meeting is Tuesday, June 9
- Grades Due is PowerSchool on Wednesday, June 10
- Last Day of School for students and staff is Thursday, June 11 (Report Cards will be sent home with students)
- 5th Grade will be hosting a "Leo's Family Night" on Thursday, June 11 from 5-8pm to help raise funds for 5th Grade Camp next school year! Please let your students know!
DOWN THE ROAD...
- Teachers last day in the building is Thursday, June 18 to allow for our summer cleaning, as well as to avoid the construction traffic from our main entrance remodel and parking lot addition.