Express Yourself through Learning
12900 W. Little York Rd. Houston TX 77041
Volume 13 Issue 9
February 9, 2018
Dear Mom and Dad,
I would like to support the Student Council and the American Heart Association and buy Valentine Grams for 50 cents each. Click for an order form https://lee.cfisd.net/download_file/269/4689/
Deadline February 13
Valentine's Day Card Exchange
Classes will have a Valentine’s Day exchange on Wednesday, February 14th.
If students choose to bring cards, they must bring enough for everyone in the class.
Parents, to save time, please have your child write his/her name near “from” and leave “to” blank. This will make it easier to pass cards out.
Thanks so much for your cooperation!
During the week of February 19th – 23rd 4th and 5th grade students will be testing in writing, math and reading. These tests assess students’ grade level progress. To ensure a successful testing day, please remember the following:
- It is important that your child be present on testing day. Please refrain from scheduling doctor or dentist appointments on this day.
- Students need to be in the building by 8:05 a.m.
- Please send your child to school with a jacket or sweater.
- There will be no morning tutorials for any grade level during the week.
- There will be no afternoon tutorials for any grade level during the week.
- There will be no art club, volleyball, basketball, choir or orchestra during the week.
- There will be no visitor lunch for any grade levels all week.
- There will be no lunch drop offs for any grade levels all week. Please send lunch with your child or allow them to purchase lunch in the cafeteria.
- All cell phones need to be turned off and left inside the student’s backpack per district policy.
There will be an altered lunch schedule on
Tuesday, February 20th and Wednesday, February 21st
4th Grade 12:15-12:45 p.m.
5th Grade 12:45-1:15 p.m.
You can prepare your child for testing by helping them get a good night’s rest, eat a healthy breakfast, and sending them to school with encouragement and a positive attitude!
February’s Core Value: Kindness
Showing others they are valuable by how you treat them. Remember that the “K” in B.A.R.K stands for “kind”. Labradors are always kind and caring students. Lee is a “No Place for Hate” school. We accept everyone for who they are, and we are kind to all. That is Lee’s culture, and it is who we are. Parents and guardians, you are welcome to join your child on February 14, 2018 at 2:30 p.m. to “hug our school”. Students, staff, parents, and community members will form a circle around the school. We will link arms as a sign that we stand together, and there is no room for hate in our hearts.
5th Grade Fine Arts Showcase - Parent Registration Night
Tuesday, Feb. 27th, 6-7:30pm
6600 Addicks Satsuma Road
You are invited to our 2018 5th Grade Fine Arts Concert Night!
This event is free!
Come see what you can be a part of at Truitt Middle School!
Truitt Middle School Cafeteria
6:00 pm Truitt Middle School 5th Grade Fine Arts Night
6:45 pm Parent Registration Meeting
Required Courses, Electives, Middle School Info
YIPPEE KI A!! RODEO DAYS 2018
Get ready to kick up your heels, Rodeo Days at Lee Elementary are here, March 1st and 2nd during P.E. class. Join us for some foot stompin’ fun!
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
8:10-9:00 5th Grade (Oestreich, Edwards, Kennedy – Blue, Carter)
9:05-9:55 – 3rd Grade (Qurashi, Walker, Miller, Peterson)
10:00-10:55 – 4th Grade (Williams, Newton, Hawkins – Blue, Pendarvis, Murphy)
11:30-12:20– Kindergarten (Shannon, Mills)
12:25-1:15– 1st Grade (Garcia, Sheldon, Gonzalez, Lopez)
1:20-2:10 – 2nd Grade (Cavazos, Montgomery, Grein – Blue, Mueller, Daly)
Friday, March 2nd, 2018
8:10-9:00 5th Grade (Enis, Segura, Kennedy-Green, Medel)
9:05-9:55 – 3rd Grade (Buschbom, Coats, Baldwin, Benavides, Hoskin)
10:00-10:55 – 4th Grade (Ward, Hughes, Hawkins – Green, Sweet)
11:30-12:20– Kindergarten (Guidry, Rodriguez, Barnes)
12:25-1:15– 1st Grade (Boxx, Chiles, Goldapp)
1:20-2:10 – 2nd Grade (Barron, Kent, Grein – Green, Davis)
Hug Our School
Wednesday, Feb. 14th, 2:30pm
12900 West Little York Road
You are invited to join our students and staff to promote “No Place for Hate” at Lee Elementary. We will come together with our students, staff, parents, and community supporters to join hands around our school to promote love and respect at Lee Elementary. Thank you for your support.
Chat with the Counselors
Tuesday, Feb. 13th, 8:15-9:15am
12900 West Little York Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Superintendent Fun Run
Dr. Mark Henry and Cypress-Fairbanks ISD are excited to present the 5th annual Superintendent's Fun Run & Festival at Towne Lake, a Caldwell Community – Superheroes for Kids on Saturday, March 24th! The event is underwritten by Memorial Hermann-Cypress and benefits the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation. Click http://www.thecfef.org for more details on how you can make a difference in the lives of CFISD students through the CFEF!
The Fun Run & Festival has something for everyone including a variety of vendor booths, delicious food trucks, student performances, a children's play zone, a 1 mile run, a family path and a 5K Run/Walk! For sponsorship and vendor booth opportunities, please contact Leslie Francis at (281)894-3950.
Stick around after the race and enjoy the event! From food trucks, to vendor booths, to photo ops with mascots and superheroes, this event has many fun aspects. You can also take a tour of the Superhero Bus, watch performances by community groups, listen to Sawdust Road (live band), spend time in the children’s zone with bounce houses, a rock wall, a bungee run, go karts and much more! We even have a special area to watch your sidekicks get in on the race day fun! *Sidekicks, up to 4 years old.
Lee Labrador Yearbook - Express Yourself Through Learning
You may purchase your 2017-2018 Lee Labrador Yearbook for
Soft Cover $20
Hard Cover $25
Use Yearbook ID Code 12147018\
Forms can be downloaded at
You may also submit pictures for the yearbook. If you have great photos of school, such as field day, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere, so help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific yearbook everyone will want to have.
To submit photos
1. Go to: https://community.lifetouch.com/
2. Enter access code: CEPBJF
3. Create an account by entering name, email address, and password.
4. After verifying your account, you may log in and upload photos.
It's that easy! Submit your photos today! Photos may be submitted through February 15, 2018. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the school year!
**The Yearbook Advisor will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used.
WatchD.O.G.S. Signup Information
If you were not able to make it to our WatchD.O.G.S. Kick Off Event and would still like to volunteer to be a WatchD.O.G.S., please fill out the Google Form
WatchD.O.G.S. Blackout Dates Calendar
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- school and grade level newsletters - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/newsletters/
- online calendar - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/calendar-grid/
- faculty web pages & email addresses - https://app.cfisd.net/urlcap/campus_list_144.html
- lunch, recess and large group schedules - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/schedules/lunch-schedule/
- school supply information - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/back-school/s/
- spirit shirt order forms -http://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/school-flyers/
- library resources - http://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/library-resources/
- access to student textbooks - http://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/grades-hac/
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "Express Yourself Through Learning" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
The order form can be printed and sent to school with payment with your child.