Ms. Mac's Memos
Week of August 2nd
Mission & Vision
Park Street Mission:
Learn. Grow. Thrive.
Park Street Vision:
Our vision is to provide a collaborative foundation for successful learning and living through:
P- Positive Experiences
S- Supporting all students
E- Engaging with the community and creating
S- Students of excellence
Week at a Glance
- Sneak-A-Peek (8:30-10: 30 am) Kindergarten students
- Sneak-A-Peek (2:00- 3:00 pm) New students
First day of school
Admin meeting 8:30-10:00 am
- Materials Distribution 10:00 am- 12:00 pm & 2:00-4:00 pm (last names A-M)
- Lunch provided by Stonebridge Church 12:30 pm
- Make up pre-planning training from 1:00 -3:00 pm in room 205
- Bonus Schoology Training from 8:00- 9:00 am (Click HERE to register)
- Materials Distribution 10:00 am- 12:00 pm & 2:00-4:00 pm (Last names N-Z)
Weekly Meeting Schedule
SILT Meetings: Every other Friday from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Staff Meetings: Friday (once a month) from 11:30 am -12:30 pm
Clerical Meetings: Tuesdays from 10:00 am - 11:00 am
PLC Meetings: Fridays from 1:00-2:00 pm (during closure)
PLCs will begin on Friday, August 21st
- Kindergarten- PLC Facilitator: Mr. Johnson
- 1st grade- PLC Facilitator: Ms. McIntire
- 2nd grade- PLC Facilitator: Ms. Welch
- 3rd grade- PLC Facilitator: Ms. Bagwell
- 4th grade- PLC Facilitator: Ms. Worley
- 5th grade- PLC Facilitator: Mr. Soto
- ID teachers- PLC Facilitator: Dr. Caldwell
FYI...Mac's Memos will be sent out on Sundays
Frequently Used Links
- Click HERE to view the staff handbook
- Please read it in its entirety
- It is listed as an assignment on the staff Schoology page
- Please submit the "assignment" in Schoology once you have finished reading it
Staff Shout out Link
Grade Level “Out Sick” Plan
A folder has been created in Schoology in the Park Street Staff course for your grade level to upload your “out sick” plan. 3rd and 4th grade have already been uploaded.
We are working on locating teaching materials/items for you as we dig through boxes. Please complete this survey if you have need for materials from your coaches. We will do our best to get materials to you as soon as we can.
Literacy Footprints Digital Reader
Heather is working on getting teachers added so you can begin utilizing this resource. Estimated roll out date: August 6. More info coming soon.
Virtual PD Menu Updated
PD links from Seesaw
Bitmoji classroom by Abby Hatheway
F&P virtual administration
Running Records virtual administration
Assistant Principals' Corner
Soto: Thank you all for your patience as the work continues in and out of your rooms and throughout the building. I’ll continue to send “Operations Update”
Furniture continues to be delivered and put together.
All HR instructional units should have all items in their classroom
“Wave” tables are being delivered shortly
The main office continues to be closed-off as they are currently delivering and assembling office furniture
A few of you are still missing boxes. The few remaining pods are being emptied this week. Again, thank you for your flexibility.
There are various items that will be worked on this coming week: paint touch-up, sinks, electrical socket covers, lights, sensors, classroom countertops that haven’t been glued, etc. We are aware and RKR is working on them.
If you have any questions - please do not hesitate to call, text, or email me. [Calling or texting is preferred as I’m moving all over the building].
Attendance-We will begin taking attendance on Tuesday, August 4th at 3:00 pm. I will run the report at 3:10. (Please see your team lead or me if you need assistance with how to access this in Aspen)
You have two options on Tuesday:
Mark “P” for present
Mark “NS” if a student doesn’t log on at any point during the day
A student CANNOT be absent on the first day of school.
Exceptions: Because we know that some of our new students and Kindergarten students will not have a device until Wednesday, if the student attends the in-person Sneak-A-Peek on Monday, you may mark the student “P” on Tuesday.
If a student logs on to Schoology on Tuesday but doesn’t access anything on Wednesday, you will mark the student “absent.”
You will continue to mark “NS” for students that do not “show up” to Schoology. Dr. Zimmerman and I will work together to begin contacting these families once a student is populating as a “no show” for multiple days.
You can also refer to the Virtual Learning Guide that includes specific guidelines on attendance and parent contact.
The google excel spreadsheets with preliminary class lists are now housed in Schoology under “Pre-Planning” in a folder titled “Preliminary Rosters.” This folder will remain accessible until September 1st.
Grade level Virtual Schedules for each grade, EIP, ESOL, and Specials are located in Schoology-Park Street Staff Course→Schedules/Calendars/Meeting Agendas→School Schedules→Virtual Schedules
Orientation Week August 4th- 7th
Wear your NEW game-on/level up shirts on Wednesday & Friday.
- Please share your orientation week schedule with your families.
- Remember, you are NOT following your normal schedule this week.
- Some suggestions are to make it a semi-normal day on Tuesday and Thursday and have students do practice assignments on Wednesday & Friday. OR do a live lesson in the morning each day and have students do independent practice for the remainder of the day.
- Please make sure your families are aware of the materials' pick-up schedule.
- Shopping bags for your materials will be distributed on Monday afternoon.
- Please have ALL materials ready in your bags and taken to the appropriate tent
Just a reminder...
It is EXTREMELY important you take attendance for your class in ASPEN daily. If attendance is NOT taken accurately, it could impact future teaching positions and funding.
- Attendance should be entered by 3:30 pm daily
- If a student does NOT attend a live Zoom lesson, but still submits work and assignments in Schoology for the day, mark them PRESENT
- If a student shows up for even one live lesson, mark them as PRESENT
Schoology Page Links
Click HERE to submit your information.
Here is the link to view the staff directory: https://www.marietta-city.org/Page/631
Students will take the iReady Reading and Math diagnostics from home
iReady will be one of the main ways we will track student learning and growth throughout the year, especially during the closure
There are several tips and recommendations for administering an at-home diagnostic with students
Ms. Staphylaris has some great tips and suggestions on how to administer the diagnostic with success
Below are links with resources to help you utilize iReady through virtual learning:
There is an iReady folder on our staff Schoology course with teacher tips and resources. The iReady Tips for Educators page is also full of fun and unique ideas.
Digital Student Data Cards
- I have shared the links for your digital student data cards with each of you (except Kindergarten)
- You can begin entering student data and information
- Please do NOT adjust any of the excel formulas
Staff Shout Outs... (please submit shout-outs by 3pm on Thursday)
1. Johnson, Owens, Montgomery, Bennett, Tichenor, and Celidonio
Thank you so much to the 3rd grade team for being so flexible and willing to meet over the summer! You all gave up precious vacation time to discuss virtual field trip dates, at home supply kit lists, and team orders (sometimes at a last minute request). I am incredibly grateful for each of you, your input, and brilliant ideas :)
2. Mrs. Varner
THANK YOU so much for all your help with my sound and Aspen issues on our 1st day back! You are amazing!
3. Amanda S, Amanda C, Stormi
You rocked your Schoology training!
4. Stormi Johnson, Amanda Stalker & Amanda Cobb
Thanks for the schoology 102 PD, a great way to get started on our new normal.
5. Chrissy Smith
Thank you for your tireless efforts in getting our Google classroom ready
6. Miriam Thompson
Thank you so much for calling our families in K1 for our in-person Sneak-a-Peek! We appreciate you taking the time to support us!
7. 5th Grade Team
Thank you to Erin, Lisa and Shawn for being wonderful teammates, and for pulling together to make it happen even when things get difficult.
8. Abby Hatheway
Thank you for always being there, even though you are on a different team now.
9. Ashley Bagwell
Thank you for always responding to any email and answering all our questions!
10. All the presenters at Staff Welcome Mtg.
Thank you for sharing so many great ideas today! Awesome job!
11. Liz Powell
Thank you for sharing so many great resources and powerpoints! You rock!
12. Brittany Armour
Thanks for sharing the bitmoji classrooms! We are having such fun learning how to create them!
13. Amanda Stalker
We are so excited to have you on our team! (And love having our own "in-house" schoology expert!)
14. Amanda Cobb & Stormi Johnson
That you for being kind, genuine, and supportive teammates!
15. Amanda Montgomery
Thank you for being flexible and humorous during our presentation!
16. Linda Skaggs
Thank you for having great video examples to share during the Capturing Kids' Hearts presentation.
17. First Grade Team
Thank you for being so welcoming, kind & supportive. I feel so grateful to work with you all :)
18. Alex Soto
Thank you for popping in my room to check in and make sure everything was going okay!
19. Barbara Hoffman
Thank you for always rooting for me! I always feel pumped after talking with you :)
20. Alex Soto
You are my hero, thank you for taking the time to move my furniture
21. Amanda Cobb
Thank you for being so helpful and kind when I text you with random schoology questions at 10 pm!!
22. Ashley Bagwell
Thank you for your quick, and direct responses to our questions!