What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley School Newsletter: September 16, 2019 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Staff and Teachers,
What a launch !!! This year is off to a terrific start. Students transitioned beautifully, Open Houses had a great turn out, Picture Day was a smooth success, and Drill Week went off without a hitch. More amazing stuff coming.
Buckle up, keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, and stay seated as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .......
~ Open House ~
Open House is always a joy. I love seeing parents in the building learning about what we do and how to help. What a great night to strengthen the Home-School Connection that defines Hawley. Thank you teachers for your presentations, time away from family, and for all that you do. Thank you Parents, for your support and for making the time to join us.
Just a Reminder:
- Reed students are only picked up at Hawley if you are also picking up a Hawley sibling.
- Reed students are also picked up in the gym
- If adults are meeting walkers at pick-up, then you meet in the gym not in the front of school (just as if you were picking up)
- No Parent is to be on the bus loop during dismissal
This is all for the safety of our students and we thank you for your support.
~ CASEL ~
The below link is to a terrific and informative short video providing more information. Definitely worth a look.
- Make sure you have filled out and submitted a Volunteer Waiver if you are planning to volunteer this year at school or think you might chaperone a field trip. This is a Yearly document. It is available on our school website.
- Please notify our office as soon as possible of going home changes. It helps us get that information to everyone involved and assure that students are in the right place at dismissal.
From the Mouth of Babes
Mr. M was writing a Thank You note to a student.
"Let me see which one I need" said Mr. M
He added, "These say from Mr. M and these say from Chris, I need these"
"Who is Chris?" inquired the student
"I am" replied Mr. M, "that is my first name"
"Oh" the student laughed, "I thought it was Mister"