3rd-5th grade parents
GA Milestones is not an “all day” event. Times for each section range from 45 up to 90 minutes for most sections with breaks. On most days, students will have about an hour of testing. Students will continue instruction and normal school activities the rest of the day. "No stress. Do your best" is our logo at Suwanee. We let students know that this is their opportunity to shine and show what they have learned. This data will also be an excellent resource to help teachers and parents know how to support and enrich student learning next year and even over the summer. We will not use the results for promotion.
Is your child a digital learner? An email with a link to sign-up your child to come in and take the assessment is coming your way with directions for drop-off. This is optional.
Your Proud Principal,
To ensure that our students are ready to perform at their best on this task, we offer a few testing reminders for our 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders:
- Get a good night sleep before each testing day.
- Try to avoid late sports practices or games, late night TV, and late night electronics. When students are rested, they are able to concentrate and do their best on the test.
- Eat a light, nutritious breakfast each morning before testing.
- Food is the fuel that powers the body and the brain. Fruits, carbohydrates (such as breads) and proteins (such as eggs) work best to give students testing energy.
- Be in school each day and on time.
- Schedule any doctor or dentist appointments in the late afternoon during testing days.
- Stay Positive! "No stress. Do your best" is our logo at Suwanee. We let students know that this is their time to shine and show what they have learned this year.