February 15, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt Raccoons! Here are a few reminders for the week:
• Please remember that there is no outside supervision after the 2:35 bell rings. We have many students who stay on the school grounds after this time, and there are ongoing issues without a supervisor present. Starting on Monday, February 19, all students need to leave school grounds promptly at 2:35. If students who are picked up are not able to be picked up right at 2:35, then alternate pick-up arrangements will need to be made. If students are not enrolled in ACES, or if they do not attend ExCEL, there is not supervision after 2:35, and students need to exit school grounds at that time. Should you have questions, or extenuating circumstances, please contact me. Together we will find a solution. Your support with this is necessary and appreciated.
• TOMORROW...the Roosevelt Family Reading Celebration & the Roosevelt Science Fair will be held on Friday, February 16. Here are the Family Reading Celebration times--come, snuggle in, and read with your child. RSVP HERE!
Kindergarten - 8:55-9:25
First Grade - 9:30-10:00
Second Grade - 10:55-11:25
Third Grade - 10:10-10:40
Fourth Grade - 11:30-12:00
Fifth Grade - 1:20-1:50
• Science Fair Set-up times: Thursday, February 15 from 4:30-5:30 pm OR Friday, February 16 from 7:30-8:00 am. Parent viewing will be from 2:00-2:30 on Friday, February 16. Parents are asked to NOT come before 2:00, as the gym gets too crowded with other students trying to view the projects. Please make arrangements to take projects down at 2:00, as they cannot stay at Roosevelt after this time. If you have questions about any of this, please contact Mrs. Koble or Mr. Jensen. Thank you!
• Mankato Area Public Schools is seeking feedback on the proposed 2018-19 and 2019-20 school calendar years. Four versions of each school year have been posted on the MAPS website under Families and Students "Calendar" on our District homepage. Feedback from our community stakeholders will help to inform the next two school calendar years. Here is a link to a letter that details the timeline, gives directions that explain how to access the calendars, and outlines the three options for giving feedback.
• Yearbooks are on sale! Here is the link you can use to order your child's yearbook. The Roosevelt code is: 3686718. As a reminder, 5th graders receive a FREE yearbook, a $12 value courtesy of the Roosevelt PTO. If 5th graders would like to add personalization or other upgrades, parents will have to add these items and pay for these additional costs using the paper order form and not the online option! If you have a 5th grader and do NOT want any extras, do nothing! Isn't that nice??
• Coffee with the Principal: Please come on February 23! Cub Foods West--drop your kiddos off at school and come enjoy some good coffee and social time. 7:30am-8:30am on Friday, February 23.
• Mark Your Calendar: The Roosevelt Music Concert is Thursday, March 15. K-2 will perform twice--once at 8:30 and again at 12:15. Students in grades 3-5 will also perform twice--once at 10:00 and again at 1:30. The PTO sponsors coffee and treats in between the two morning performances (about 9:30) and again in between the two afternoon performances (about 1:00). Please join other Roosevelt parents in the Media Center for this social time.
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
February Celebration Speaker
Ayan Musse spoke to the Roosevelt community about DIFFERENCES and how they are an asset and a strength. She even spoke to us in three different languages!!! Thank you, Ayan, for your beautiful and important message.
Our February celebration was AWESOME. We celebrated the official "end" of our OKAY Campaign (note the OKAY poster) and talked about the importance of keeping this idea alive in our actions every day, even when it's hard!!
Second Grade Wins Extra Recess
Kudos to Rissa, currently a 2nd grader, who won an extra 15-minute recess for her entire class. Keep reading, Raccoons!!!!!