The Rigsby Reader 6.1.15
Updates from Room 311
Dates to Remember:
- June 8th: WestSound Concert
- June 9th: Variety Show (2nd-5th only) from 8:30-11 am and 12:30-2 pm
- June 10th: Kindergarten Graduation at 9 am
- June 10th: Classroom Celebration 8-12:30pm
- June 10th: Awards Ceremony (2nd-5th) 1 pm
- June 11th: 5th Grade Graduation at 9 am
No Homework This Week- Just keep reading!!
End of Year Auction & Classroom Celebration: 6/10 8am-12:30pm
What We Are Learning
- Reading- We will be comparing themes in Mythology and Folktales. We will be reading a lot about Bluegrass music!
- Math- We are reviewing all of the things we have learned this year with Kahoot Quizzes, Gameshow Activities, and Small groups.
- Social Studies: We will be focusing on the Scots-Irish who came and settled in WNC- and how they influenced our culture today (Highland Games, Bluegrass Music, Clogging, Appalachian Crafts & Woodworking)
- Writing- Student's are finishing their opinion writing, and working on idioms! We will also begin our letters to future fourth graders!
5th Grade Graduation
As a send off to the 5th graders the 4th grade provides a reception following their graduation ceremony on the last day of school. We expect anywhere from 300-400 students and family members to attend. Please help by donating your time or an item for this event. I have attached a google doc if you wish to sign up. Thanks so much for all your support this year!
Molly Russell (PTO)
Hard to Recycle Just Got Easier at Claxton
Between now and June 11th, Claxton is working with TerraCycle to collect hard to recycle items and trade them in for cash for our school. Plastic lined, color coded boxes will be placed on EACH floor and inside the front door. We strongly encourage bringing in waste from home.
What can I recycle now that I couldn’t previously?
· Plastic writing utensils (markers, mechanical pencils, highlighters pens, etc.)
· Foil lined snack bar wrappers (think Cliff Bar)
· Wine corks (both synthetic and natural)
· Juice bag containers (Honest Kids, Capri Sun)
· Household batteries (All alkaline, such as most flashlight batteries; lithium, such as watch and hearing aid batteries; and nickel and cadmium batteries, such as rechargeable batteries used for power tools.
Where do I recycle my items?
· Plastic lined, color coded boxes will be placed on EACH floor and inside the front door in the main lobby.
· LARGE ORANGE BOXES - Plastic writing utensils, foil lined snack bar wrappers and wine corks (both synthetic and natural)
· SMALL GREEN BOXES - Juice BAG containers ONLY. No boxes or cartons.
· GRAY PLASTIC BUCKETS - Household batteries