Columbia Heights Public Schools
CHPS Update | Mar. 2, 2023
March is Women's History Month, Youth Art Month, and Music In Our Schools Month!
Throughout the month of March, CHPS will be sharing posts and stories on Instagram and Facebook related to each of these themes! Women's History Month will be recognized with fun facts each day on stories throughout the month, Youth Art Month will be recognized by sharing photos of our students and their art at each level, and Music in our Schools Month will focus on the different music opportunities our students have PreK-12 here at CHPS! Make sure to follow the Columbia Heights Public Schools Facebook page and the @chpsisd13 Instagram to see all of this fun content throughout the month!
CHPS Performing Arts Night is this Friday, March 3!
There will be a CHHS Art display from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the CHHS hallways🎨🖌
Then, choir, band and theater students from 6-12 grade (CA and CHHS) will be performing in the P.A.C. at 7:00 p.m. 🎼🎭🎺
Come support our students as they show off all of their forms of art!
Summer Adventure Club Registration
- Adventure Club's summer dates are June 12-August 26 (closed from July 3 to July 7)
- Adventure Club hours are 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Located in the CHPS Family Center
ENCORE Aquatics| Grades 4-12
Free ENCORE Aquatics classes are offered to student in grades 4-12 who attend Columbia Heights Public Schools, or students living within the CHPS district boundaries. Classes are offered on Saturday mornings at the Columbia Heights High School Pool.
- Spring Session: March 25-May 6 (no class April 8)
- Registration Due: March 10
If you have any questions please contact Tami Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org
HL 5th Graders at JA BizTown!
The visit to JA BizTown was the culmination of in-class learning that 5th grade students engaged in around such concepts are our roles as citizens, the important rights and responsibilities we all have as members of communities, and career and money management skills. During their visit, students became “citizens” of the simulated city of BizTown, where they were paired with volunteers and worked in one of 18 BizTown shops, managed a debit card and checking account, and even elected a mayor.
This opportunity was funded by a generous donor to CHPS. Valley View and North Park School for Innovation students will attend later dates this spring!
Become a Substitute Teacher!
NOW HIRING exceptional substitute teachers! Are you wondering what becoming a substitute teacher entails? Come join our complimentary virtual event to learn more about the process!
Teachers on Call is hosting a webinar event welcoming anyone interested in becoming a substitute teacher in districts throughout MN, WI, IA, and WA! This event is a virtual event, it is free and open to everyone.
- WHERE: Virtual - Click this link to sign up - https://calendly.com/jilr608/want-to-be-a-substitute-teacher
- WHEN: Wednesday, March 8th, 2023
- TIME: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- WHAT: An informal event to meet with our recruiting staff and learn more about Teachers On Call and the positions we offer!
REQUIREMENTS: Licensed through the state of Minnesota (requires bachelor’s degree or higher) Wisconsin (requires associates degree or higher) Iowa (Associate’s Degree or higher) or Washington (Bachelor’s Degree or higher) – if you are not licensed yet still join! We will briefly go over the requirements to become a substitute in your state and send out some information for you to get started.
Reach out to Teachers On Call if you have any questions!
Good luck to our:
- Speech Team as they compete in the Tri-Metro Conference Tournament tonight at CHHS
- Girls Basketball Team in their 2nd round game of the Section 4AA Tournament
- Boys Basketball Team in their 1st round Sections Game on Wednesday, March 8th
- Isaac Gyurisin as he competes in the Boys Swim State Tournament in the 100-yard Backstroke and the 100-yard Butterfly this Friday
Congrats to our:
- CHHS Wrestling and Boys Swim Teams who have recently completed their seasons!
- Girls Basketball Team who won their 1st round Section game on Tuesday
- The cast and crew of The Lion King Jr on a fantastic run last weekend! They performed to 2 packed houses. Thanks to all of our community who came out to support these students!
STARTING SOON - Spring Athletics - REGISTER NOW Every athlete participating in school-year sports must have a physical on file with the Activities Office. Sports physicals are valid for three years.
- Starts Monday, March 6th – Synchronized Swim (grades 7-12)
- Starts Monday, March 13th – Baseball, Softball and Track (grades 9-12)
- Starts Monday, March 27th – Boys Tennis (grades 7-12)
- Starts Monday, April 3rd – Girls Lacrosse (grades 7-12)
- Starts Tuesday, April 11th – CA Track, Baseball, and Softball (grades 6-8)
Purchase new Hylander Gear!! Can be purchased in the Activities Office, the Concessions Stand during Home Games or online.
We have 2 After-School Activity Buses every afternoon, they leave CA @ 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and CHHS @ 4:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
Sports Physical for all Athletics
Every athlete participating in school-year sports must have a physical on file with the Activities Office. Student Athletes cannot register for the upcoming season without a sports physical on file. Sports physicals are valid for three years. 22-23 Sports Physical Form
More information can be found at the CHPS Activities Website or contact the Activities Office at 763-528-4511
Translation of Newsletters
Did You Know?
You can translate this newsletter, change the text size or view in high-contrast mode! Look for the Accessibility icon and click to view all your options!
¡Puedes traducir este boletín, cambiar el tamaño del texto o verlo en modo de alto contraste! Busque el icono de Accesibilidad y haga clic para ver todas sus opciones.
Waxaad turjumi kartaa warsidahaan, waxaad bedeli kartaa cabbirka qoraalka ama waxaad ku arki kartaa qaab isbarbar dhig sarreeya! Raadi astaanta Helitaanka oo guji si aad u aragto dhammaan xulashooyinkaaga!
هل كنت تعلم؟
يمكنك ترجمة هذه الرسالة الإخبارية أو تغيير حجم النص أو عرضها في وضع التباين العالي! ابحث عن رمز إمكانية الوصول وانقر لعرض جميع خياراتك!
Barruu oduu kana hiikuu, guddina barruu jijjiiruu ykn haala walfaallaa olaanaatiin ilaaluu dandeessa! Mallattoo Accessibility jedhu barbaadaatii filannoo keessan hunda ilaaluuf cuqaasaa!
Koj puas paub?
Koj tuaj yeem txhais cov ntawv xov xwm no, hloov cov ntawv loj lossis saib hauv hom sib txawv! Saib rau Accessibility icon thiab nyem rau saib tag nrho koj cov kev xaiv