BHMS Family Update
March 29, 2021
The expectations is students will be working mostly in break out rooms. Students who need additional support will work directly with their teacher. Those who do not need the additional support will be working on independent asynchronous work while on the Zoom call. Teachers will also use this time to check in on students.
Asynchronous Survey Sent out by 7th period teacher
In addition, please identify specific classes your child may need additional supports. We are also asking for any classes you feel your child could be challenge more with the work provided.
Incoming 5th and 6th Grade Band and/or Choir registration
8th Grade Graduation
Beginning today, March 29th, 2021 the listed guidelines will be followed when entering attendance. These changes come as the result of expectations from the Illinois State Board of Education to document learning time for all students both in person and remote.
- Any student who is in attendance for hybrid (in person) will be marked "Present"
- Any student, even those expected hybrid, who attend on zoom will be marked "Remote"
- If a student is not present in person or remotely will be marked "Absent"
- Student attendance will now be marked in Skyward
- All electives/PE students will be marked either "Remote" or "Absent"
- Use the following scenarios to guide attendance tracking
- Monday is an A day and Tuesday is a B day: If a student has A day PE and B day Spanish, and the child is absent on Monday, the PE teacher will enter the absence on Monday, and the Spanish teacher will mark it on Tuesday.
- Please NOTE, teachers will not be able to do 'future' attendance a day ahead. Attendance for the "second day" will be enter the day of, not the day before.
- On Fridays, all students will be marked "Remote" or "Absent
Expanding Safe Center at Middle School
Mrs. Mullen 5th/6th AP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Meek 7th/8th AP: email@example.com