RtI Basics Academy
Click here for a video on GoFormative.
Click here for a screencast on how to upload your own document.
This alternative is a good option for 1 iPad classrooms.
Plickers is a rapid-response classroom polling tool that uses paper cards rather than mobile devices for student responses.
To conduct a poll, a teacher creates a question and projects it on-screen. Students hold up their custom response cards (each card is different), turning the cards in different orientations to indicate their answers (one side up for A, another side up for B, and so on). The teacher holds up a device (like an iPad or Android) and Plickers does two thing: 1. recognizes the students by name and 2. scans students’ responses, which are recorded. Responses can be automatically projected on a screen in the classroom, and teachers can track each student's responses over time.
Click here for more information from Plickers.
Plickers can be used by the teacher from an Android or iPhone/iPad. Apps are available from the website.
- Once students get the gist of Kahoot, put the responsibility of creating the questions and answer choices on them. For secondary students, they could email you the information that would allow you to copy and paste to create the quiz.
- Look in the "public" section of Kahoot to find 3.2+MILLION of quizzes already made. Just search for your topic of review. You can duplicate the quiz and then edit to customize the content.
Teacher site: www.getkahoot.com
Student site: www.kahoot.it
Tools for Reading PM
- Group text without being IN a group text.
- Private--no one knows your phone numbers
- Schedule Texts (birthdays, parent reminders, holiday greetings)
- Add attachments
- Add voice memos
- Insert Links
- Text as few as 3 people. Great for reminders (pun intended) for smaller groups.
Click here for information about using Remind with Spanish speakers.
Apps for your phone:
Click here for the Remind App for iPhone.
Click here for the Remind App for Android.