Ms. Palisoul's Newsletter
August 26, 2015
It’s been a great few days! I’ve enjoyed getting to know your sweet children, and they’re doing a great job learning our new schedule and routines! Just a couple of items I wanted to touch base with you about:
- We have several students in our class this year with severe food allergies. When sending a snack for your child, please do not send any nut or fish products (this includes peanut butter). You may send peanut butter sandwiches or snacks for lunch, but just not to eat in to classroom.
- I am still getting used to a new schedule, too! We will try and have snack every day at 1:15. Today I just plain forgot about it! I’m sorry if I sent your child home starving! I just set an alarm on my phone so I will remember.
- Parent Orientation Night is Tuesday, September 8th from 6:00-7:00pm. This is where I will go over things you might have questions about, like grading, homework, curriculum, etc. We will not start homework officially until after that meeting. J The only homework I ask students to do is read for 15-20 minutes each night! They can read to you, you can read to them, they can listen to reading on the computer or tape, or whatever works best for your child. You do not need to write anything down or turn anything in.
- Show Your Spirit on College Colors Day, Friday, August 28th! College Colors Day promotes college-readiness as well as the traditions and spirit that embody the college experience. Keller ISD encourages everyone to dress in their favorite college attire on Friday, August 28. Use #KISDCollegeColors to share your photos on Twitter!
- Beginning next week, I will be emailing a weekly update so you will know the objectives we are working on that week, as well as special events happening at school that week. If you would prefer I use a different email, or your spouse would also like me to add their email to my list (or take them off), please feel free to let me know and I am happy to change that.
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Thank you for your patience at dismissal and for entrusting your precious children to me this week! It’s going to be a fantastic year!