Raymore Update: 03/04/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
We raised $344.99 for our school during Culver's Night last Thursday! Thank you to our supportive staff, parents, and students that came out to help make this night a success!
Mrs. Phillips visits with the Mannino family while enjoying Culver's Night.
Fourth graders Luke Voelker and Sydney Spangler teach Mrs. Trutzel's first graders about Harriet Tubman.
My best teachers were not the ones who knew all the answers, but those who were deeply excited by questions they couldn't answer. --Brian Greene
Wish You Well
Ashley, Aaron, and Baby Braxton are adjusting to a new routine at home! Braxton was released from NICU last week. The doctors are taking precautionary measures to monitor his breathing and nervous system. Overall he is doing great!
Please wish Kristi Patterson's father well as he undergoes surgery on April 1.
Continue to keep Sheri in your thoughts and prayers as she goes to doctor visits and through various health testing. Your support and patience is greatly appreciated.
Tuesday, March 4 Collab Focus: RTI
Faculty Meeting Wednesday, March 5 -Seven Strategies Focus: Stars and Stairs
Our focus for Wednesday's faculty meeting will be to continue learning about effective feedback and goal setting/tracking (Stars and Stairs). We would love for anyone to share any ideas, forms, or strategies that you have used regarding effective feedback and/or Stars and Stairs.
Statewide Tornado Drill - Thursday, March 6 at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, March 7 All Day PD
We will discuss Friday's PD agenda in more detail at Tuesday's collab. Here is a DRAFT (a brief overview which is subject to change):
All classroom teachers will be at district collab
SLPs have collab in the morning
EC has PD and curriculum collab all day
SpEd have transition meetings
RI&TA will most likely be in the building working on data
Focus will work on triage schedule, student plans, passes, etc. (may have district collab)
Reminders & FYIs-some new!
- The KC Star will be here Tuesday to shadow one or both of our Watch DOGS dads throughout the morning/afternoon. They will also interview our Lead DOG Aly Abdelgawad that afternoon. If you are on the schedule, thank you for ensuring directions and activities are clear and kids prepared when the dad walks in during your time slot. The No- Media list will be strictly honored. It is possible still photos will be taken, and likely at dismissal as dads help kids into cars. There is no intent to interview a student or other staff person. If they request this, please let Michelle know. Remember, business as usual, but please triage your students that an extra guest may accompany the WatchDOGS that day. Kudos to all of you and our great PTA for their support of our awesome dads and our highly successful WatchDOGS program!
- Acuity reports are uploaded to the shared drive for teachers use. Please make sure you update your benchmark data with the current information.
Major Saver fundraiser runs from Thurs., Feb. 27-Thurs., Mar. 6.
Cherry Berry Night - Thursday, March 13 4:00-9:00 p.m.
Kevin Horner Assembly "Speaking Up For Those Who Won't Speak Up For Themselves?" - Friday, March 14 at 2:30 p.m.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! Protection One and Raymore PD contact her directly, so it's important she is aware in case a worry arises. 616-4210.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet strip should be used to allow access into classrooms. If you need a new magnet, please notify Jennika.
Attendance should be entered in SIS each morning by 9:00 a.m. Thank you for making sure this is done in a timely manner.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:20 a.m.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
- Remember to add your current class schedule to the Google RE Shared Folder & before you implement changes; post outside your door too.
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement