C.A.M.P. at Home
Lone Star Longhorns Learning at Home
Week of April 20-24
Computer and Library
Click Here for Mrs. Sample's Website
Email Mrs. Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading about Space
- Eight Days Gone by Linda McReynolds - eBook from Tumble Book Library (see login information below). This book is about Apollo 11’s eight-day mission to the moon written in verse.
- The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara & Mark Fearing - (YouTube Video)
- Mousetronaut by Mark Kelly – Read by Scott Kelly from the International Space Station (YouTube Video). See Story Time from Space link below for more stories read from the International Space Station.
- Story Time from Space - Stories read by Astronauts and Scientists from the International Space Station
MakerSpace and Tech in Space
- Cool String Art by Anders Hanson- MackinVia eBook– Astronomy Projects, study of stars and planets, begin on page 18.
- Crafts for Kids Who Are Wild About Outer Space by Kathy Ross – MackinVia eBook
- NASA Science Space Place – Check out this amazing NASA website. You will find games, crafts, activities, videos and my personal favorite, the Mystery Link!
Tumble Book Library, one of my favorite eBook providers, is giving free access until August 31. You will find everything from picture books to full length chapter books. Click on the Tumble Book Library login information below to find the username and password. I have also included this information in LSE Usernames and Passwords below.
Send your pictures to email@example.com
Our art projects this week are "OUT OF THIS WORLD!"
Planets with Mrs. Ritchie
Two ways to make these!
Option 1: Black construction paper, chalk, circle lids of different sizes
Option 2: regular white paper, markers, crayons, circle lids of different sizes
Super-Cute Alien with Mrs. Ritchie
paper, markers/ crayons, pencil
More Space Art to try!
- Flying Space Rocket Craft - YouTube Link
Straw, paper, string, scissors, glue, tape
Paper plate, paper cup, paint and jewels (suggested, but decorate however you wish!), hot glue is recommended, newspaper, string (optional) -Parent help needed with gluing
Paper towel roll, paper, scissors, tape, glue, tissue paper, string, hole punch
flour, black, blue or purple food coloring, cooking oil, cream of tartar, salt -Parent help needed
Paper cups, scissors, rubber bands, crayons/markers to decorate
Click here for Mrs. Gauthier's Website
Email Mrs. Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Mrs. Gauthier for a nature adventure this week. Click on the link below to hear the story Going on a Lion Hunt and see if Mrs. Gauthier finds a lion!
- Going on a Lion Hunt - video
For other related activities and songs visit the links below:
- Lion Puppet Craft - instructions and printables for making a paper sack lion puppet to use while you read along with the story.
- Going on a Bear Hunt -(YouTube video) In this version, students can hunt for a bear instead of a lion. Students can sing along and create moves to go along with it.
Quaver also has a version of the song Going on a Bear Hunt and I have placed the song as an assignment on Quavermusic.com for you to sing and move along with.
Students are still able to create a student account to access resources from our music curriculum at Quavermusic.com. For instructions on how to create your student account and start exploring, click on the link below:
Once you have created your account, you can start exploring the different features of your Student Dashboard. If you haven't already, be sure to click on the ASSIGNMENTS button to see different lessons and activities.
If you have any trouble when creating your account, please email me at email@example.com
P. E. with Mrs. Wisnieske and Mrs. Jones
Click here for Mrs. Wisnieske's website
Email Mrs. Wisnieske at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you are enjoying working out and exercising to some of the workout videos. Click on all of them and see which workouts you like the best. This week there is jump rope, line dances, games, strengthening, and yoga. Remember: KEEP MOVING!
Come Jump Rope with Mrs. Wisnieske: 14 Jump Rope Challenges
SPACE THEME Workout Videos
PE at HOME (fun games to play inside)
STRENGTHENING with a CIRCUIT WORKOUT