November 18, 2020
Skagit Academy School Pictures - MARCH 5th, 2021
Mark your calendars! We will be taking school pictures on March 5th in the family room. Times TBA.
DATES TO REMEMBER!
*Noon dismissal Wednesday, November 25 (no Lunch Bunch or afternoon Zoom classes)
*No School November 26 - 27 (Thanksgiving Break)
*No School November 30 (District Teacher In-Service Day)
*No School December 21 - January 1 (Winter Break)
*No School January 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
*No School January 25 (Semester Break)
Student Highlight: Osha O'Gormley
Congratulations to Skagit Academy 6th grade student and talented artist, Osha, who won the artwork contest for Helping Hands Food Bank holiday postcard. The card will be published soon featuring her handiwork. This is so exciting!
Thank You Officer Elton
A huge thank you to Jonathan Elton, one of our Academy parents, for taking the time out of his day to speak to the Career Exploration class about the education, skills, and abilities required to pursue a career in law enforcement. We appreciate you!
Student Highlight: Osha O'Gormley
Student Mental Health Support
Is your student struggling mentally? Please reach out to your child's counselor or find supports at the website below.
- OSPI’s webpage “Resources to Support Student Well-Being & School Safety“. The page includes resources for school districts & parents, as well as crisis line contact information.
- The Washington Listens support line at 1-833-681-0211. While not school specific, it provides phone support to those managing increased stress and anxiety due to COVID-19. They have additional resources and self-help tips at walistens.org
- American Psychological Association has resources specific to education, training and distance learning. Articles include: “Student mental health during and after COVID-19: How can schools identify youth who need support? and “8 ways teachers can continue supporting students during the COVID-19 era”
- CDC recommendations for coping with COVID-19 related stress
- Parent, educator and youth resources from https://www.mentalhealth.gov/
- The Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health guide from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- DOH COVID-19 Behavioral Health Group Impact Reference Guide
- OSPI guidance for youth suicide, prevention, intervention and postvention.
Skagit Academy Connection Opportunities - Click below to attend
Mondays at 10:00 * MS Math Math Study Lab https://zoom.us/my/marker
Mondays at 11:00 * Story Time with Miss Ann https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83839277267
Mondays at 11:00 * RS Prep (1st+3rd Fridays) https://us02web.zoom.us/my/mskatrinasroom
Mondays at 11:00 * Hot Chocolate Chat (grades 5+) https://zoom.us/my/mrs.mcgehee
Mondays at 12:00 * Lunch Bunch https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84624879782
Mondays at 12:45 * Grade 5 Math Study Lab https://zoom.us/my/marker
Mondays at 1:00 * 7-12 Student Discussion https://us02web.zoom.us/my/mskatrinasroom
Mondays at 2:00 * Grade 6 Math Study Lab https://zoom.us/my/marker
Mondays at 3:00 * LC Parent Connection https://zoom.us/my/miss.denelle
Tuesdays at 12:00 * Lunch Bunch https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84624879782
Tuesdays at 1:00 * RAVENS Bingo https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3599313498
Tuesdays at 2:00 * 5-12 Prep/Academy Advisory (see advising pages for links)
Tuesdays at 3:00 * PREP/AC Parent Connection https://us02web.zoom.us/my/mskatrinasroom
Tuesdays at 4:00 * HS Alg 2/Precalc Math Study Lab https://us02web.zoom.us/my/mrpasimio
Wednesdays at 12:00 * Lunch Bunch https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84624879782
Wednesdays at 2:00 * HS Alg/Geom Math Study Lab https://us02web.zoom.us/my/mrpasimio
Thursdays at 12:00 * Lunch Bunch https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84624879782
Fridays at 10:00 * Choice Board Show & Tell https://zoom.us/j/5581730072