Bully-Free Schools: 2-Day Training
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 and Friday, Feb. 9, 2018
Join us for our annual Macomb/Oakland collaboration!
Used throughout schools in Michigan, Bully-Free Schools is a comprehensive approach to creating safe and supportive learning environments. This research-based and evidence-proven initiative will enhance current initiatives by bringing additional strategies and practices designed to promote social/emotional skill development, intrinsically-motivated behavioral change, and multi-tiered discipline system for peer aggression.
Participants will move quickly from "What?" and "So What?" questions to "Now What?," learning the steps to implement the BFS approach. This includes the implementation of the BFS staff and student survey, the alignment of a peer-to-peer aggression rubric with current district policies, and preparing staff and then the community for an official launch.
Wed. Nov. 1 and Fri. Feb. 9 from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Location: Oakland Schools, 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford 48328
- Cost: $40/participant
- Presenter(s): Julie McDaniel and Nancy Buyle
- Prerequisite Knowledge: Prefer teams of 4-5 members; individuals welcome.
- Audience: Administrators, Teachers, Counselors, Social Workers and School Staff
- SCECHs: Pending. Please have your PIC number available at sign in.
- SW-CEH: Pending. Please your license number available at registration.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register Here Online: https://events.oakland.k12.mi.us/coe/coe_p2_details.aspx?eventid=153371&cc=COEE&oc=10