By: Ms. Odom's Class
History and Geography
By: Julio, Estrella, Rosy, and Joshua
- China's Independence Day is October 1, 1949.
- China's Constitution was written on December 4, 1984.
- Chinese history is divided into dynasties, a time when emperors ruled. The first empire was the Qin dynasty and began in 221 B.C. The last emperor was overthrown in 1912, and China became a republic. The communist government began its rule in 1949.
- China is on the Continent of Asia.
- The Capital of China is Beijing.
- The Longitude and Latitude is: 35.00 N and 103.00 E
- Surrounding Countries Include: Russia, India, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Burma, Afghanistan, Laos, and Vietnam.
- Mt. Everest the worlds largest mountain is located on the border of China & Nepal
People, Society, and Government
By: Diego, Loren, Corah, and John
- China is a communist country ruled by a central government and a powerful leader.
- China is the home of one of the world's oldest civilizations, but it has only recently become a "modern" nation.
- In the last 20 years, China has changed faster than any other country in the world.
Economy and Transportation
By: Mackenzie, Ericka, Fabian, Amari, and Farida
Climate, and Terrain
By: Elijah, Desi, and Octovio
Climate and Terrain
- China is made of mountains, plateaus, rivers, coast and deserts.
- Himalaya mountains & Mt. Everest are located in China.
- Rivers in China include: The Yellow, Pearl & Yangtze
- Natural Hazards include: Floods, Hurricanes, and Earthquakes.
- Weather in China is cold in winter & mild in the summer.
Attractions and Population
By: Savannah, Brandon, and Jalin.
- Great Wall of China
- Pudog Skyline
- Mogao Caves
- Li River Cruise.
- The Great Wall of China is the largest man made structure in the world, stretching an incredible 8,850 kilometres (5,500 miles).
- With a population of 1.3 billion, China has more people than any other country on Earth.
- About a third of the population lives in cities. The rest of the people live in the country.
- Literacy Rate in China is 97.5 for males and 92.7 for females.
Celebrations and Foods
By: Uzziah, Christopher, Jack & Lucas