THE THORSON WEEKLY
Week of December 21, 2015
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Monday, December 21
- Jaguar Jumpstart All-School Meeting - 8:45 a.m. - Gym
Tuesday, December 22
- Staff Holiday Breakfast - 7:45 a.m. - Gym
Wednesday, December 23
- NO School - Winter Break Begins
- December 23 - January 3- Winter Break
- January 8 - Staff Holiday Party at Cedars III
- January 11 - PTO Meeting
- January 21 - End of 2nd Quarter
- January 22 - NO SCHOOL - Records Day
"NUTS AND BOLTS" NOTES
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
The year is flying by! I can't believe that it is already time for winter break. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to our students and families. I wish all of you a peaceful and restful break. Enjoy time with family and friends and recharge your batteries! We will see everyone back in the New Year!
Emergency Response Procedures
At our Faculty Meeting, we reviewed our Lock Down and Emergency Response Team procedures. In terms of Lock Down, we noted/clarified the following items:
- When placing your color card under the door, you should leave all three cards on the ring and just slide the one color under so it is visible on the other side. Do not take the card off and slide it completely under the door. This way, you can pull the cards back and change the color if your situation changes.
- In a Lock Down (hard), we will never release the lock down over the PA system. You should not come out of lock down until the police or administration release you from your room. We will come door to door. The lock down is not over until this happens.
- If students are not with their class when the lock down is initiated (in the bathroom, delivering something to the office, etc.), they should go into the closest room with an adult when the lock down is initiated. If you have a student that should be in your classroom and isn't, you should call the emergency line for the office and let them know. Likewise, if you have a student that you don't normally have, you should call the emergency office line.
I have updated the Lock Down Responsibilities document to reflect these changes. Please review this.
We also reviewed the Emergency Response Team Protocol. Please review this document as well.
SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
Kids 2 Kids Toy Drive a HUGE Success!
Our Kids 2 Kids Toy Drive and Assembly was a huge success! A huge thank you goes to our Student Council Advisors (Michelle Anderson, Rob Lubbers, and Abby Schwanz) for working with the Student Council and organizing this drive. We also thank Michelle and Judy for arranging the wonderful assembly, and we thank Rob for having his beard shaved in front of all! What a fun school community! Thank you to all who donated and helped in anyway. And, thanks Aaron Huevler for recording these great memories!