Mrs. McCann's Grade One
Weekly Newsletter: WEEK 11
Upcoming Important Dates
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 - Cookie dough orders due
- Friday, Nov. 18 - 11:40 dismissal (don't forget to pack a snack) and Student Led forms are due
- Monday, Nov. 21 - School Council Meeting @ 6:30 & Scholastic Orders Due
- Wednesday, Nov. 23 - Formal Dress up Day
- Thursday, Nov. 24 - Fun Lunch
- Friday, Nov. 25 - Report Cards go home
- Monday, Nov. 28 & Wednesday, Nov. 30 - Students Led Conferences 4:30-7:30.
- Friday, Dec. 2 - No School
- STUDENT LED CONFERENCES: Student led conference forms were sent home on Thursday. Please return these to school by Friday, November 18. A confirmation of your day and time will go home on Monday, November 21. Another will go home with your child's report card.
- RAZ KIDS: If you child has access to a computer, please remember that Raz-Kids is a fantastic program they can access from home. Getting your child to use Raz-kids twice a week will engage them in digital texts that will assist them with reading and aide with comprehension.
- SOUP LABELS: Please bring in your Campbell soup labels, Goldfish cracker labels, Prego labels and V8 labels for drop off at the office. These labels are collected and used to purchase gym equipment for out school!
Here are a few things that have been "happening" in the classroom. These are great discussion starters with your child.
1) Talk about the new characters we were introduced to for the letter Kk: Kimmy Kangaroo and Nn: Nellie Newt. Ask your child what their favourite sound is? Ask your child what our sight word was for this week and how to spell them (for).
2) Ask your child to show you how they can represent a number using tally marks?