The School Scoop
All Things Fifth Grade!
Fall in Love with your Public Libarary
February 6 marks the fifth annual Take Your Child to the Library Day.
Libraries are GREAT resources for families; you can find books, entertainment, educational and cultural enrichment, literacy tips, and other valuable information.
Top 10 Reasons to go visit:
1. Free programs and activities
2. Story times
10. Makerspaces - STEM activities
- What makes a memoir?
- Interpreting the comings and goings of life
- Investigating and planning our own memoirs
Mentor Texts: Eleven and Quietly Struggling
- Understand what volume is
- Relate volume to multiplication and additions
- UNIT 6 TEST: FRIDAY, FEBRAUARY 12
- Setting ambitious reading goals
- Writing about reading
- Learning to think analytically