The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 1
Dear SFX Family,
Welcome to our weekly newsletter! You will now receive this newsletter with important information and announcements each Tuesday throughout the school year. It will also be posted on the school website under Our School>School Information>The Jaguar Journal.
I would like to first thank everyone for the warm welcome to the St. Francis Xavier Catholic School community. I am so blessed and happy to be here! I look forward to meeting and getting to know each of you.
Our first few days of school have gone smoothly, and we are looking forward to getting into a new rhythm. We do need your help and cooperation with a few things in order to adhere to all guidelines, be respectful neighbors, and maintain order. Please see the arrival and dismissal reminders below. Also, please complete the following tasks as soon as possible:
- Media and Publication Release – Click here to complete a form for each child. This is due by Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Science Lab Safety Policy and Agreement – Teachers in grades PK4-7 will be reviewing the archdiocesan Science Lab Safety Policy and Agreement with your children. An agreement form will be sent home. Please sign and return this form by Thursday, August 20, 2020 (1st-7th). Students in PK4-K will receive it on Monday, August 24th and must return it by Thursday, August 27th. You can also view the Science Lab Safety Guidelines on the School News page of Gradelink.
- Student Parent Handbook – The St. Francis Xavier Catholic School Student Parent Handbook has been revised and can be found on the School News page of Gradelink (School ID: 1602). The revisions have been highlight in yellow. Please login in, review it with your child/children, and print and sign the last page. The agreement page is due back to school by Friday, August 21, 2020 (1st-7th) and Friday, August 28, 2020 (PK2-K).
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Thursday, August 20 - Individual School Picture Day (Grades 1-7)
- Monday, August 24 - First Day of School for PK2-K
- Thursday, August 27 - Individual School Picture Day (PK2-K)
- Thursday, September 3 - 1st Tagging of the Quarter; 1:30 PM Dismissal - NO ASC
- Monday, September 7 - Labor Day; No School
In and Around SFX
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
- Either location - school yard or Betz Place - may be used by all students.
- Cars must hug the right side of the street to allow for passing traffic.
- Please familiarize yourself with the map so that traffic flows.
- At arrival, students should unbuckle and put masks on while waiting to be checked.
- At dismissal, white name signs must be hung from the rear view mirror and remain up through the entirety of car line. If you need extra, please contact the front office.
- Do not line up for carpool any earlier than 2:50. We need to be minimize the disruption to traffic as much as possible.
Home & School News
- Welcome back! We are thrilled to have 1st-7th back at St. Francis!
- Home and School donated mask lanyards for students required to wear a mask in order to help keep our school safe.
- The Spirit Shop is operational through the portal, and items will be delivered to your child’s classroom.
- Assignment pads are in and being sent home asap!! Thank you for your patience as delivery was delayed.
- Due to Covid-19, the fall parent social will be delayed until the Spring.
- Mark your calendar and BYOB for virtual Home and School Meeting on September 1 at 6:30 PM. Link to be sent closer to that date.