Palacio de Bellas Artes
Katelyn T. - 7th Period
The Palacio de Bellas Artes is a concert hall and arts center located in Mexico City. The Palacio de Bellas Artes was built to replace the first National Theatre of Mexico. Construction of the building began in 1904 with Adam Boari, an Italian, as the architect. The construction of the building continued until 1913 when construction had to be put on hold due to soft subsoil and the Mexican Revolution. In 1932, Mexican architect Federico Mariscal started the consturction a second time, and the Palacio de Bellas Artes was completed in 1934. The Palacio de Bellas Artes contains many murals and artwork, hosts many concerts and theatrical performances, and contains historical artifacts.