Manganese, if you please.
- Symbol: Mn
- Atomic Number: 25
- Atomic Mass: 54.9380
- # of Protons: 25
- # of Neutrons: 30
- # of Electrons: 25
- Atomic Radius: 161 pm
- Ionization Energy: 7.434 eV
- Electronegativity: 1.55
- Melting Point: 1245 degrees Celsius
- Boiling Point: 2061 degrees Celsius
- Normal Phase: Solid
- Cost: $1.70/100g
- Classification: Metal
- Belongs to the Transition Metals family.
- Manganese is an essential trace nutrient in all forms of life.
- One source of manganese is in nodules on the ocean floor.
- Paints that were pigmented with manganese dioxide can be traces back 17,000 years.
- The average human body contains about 12g of manganese, found mostly in the skeleton.
- During World War II, manganese replaced most of the nickel in US coins, as nickel became scarce.
- Steel alloys
- Drying agents in black paints.