Empower Her News
Girls/Women's Programs, Scholarship, Entrepreneur Workshops
Upcoming Programs and Workshops
Virtual Girls Group - Grades 6-8
A safe group to be yourself, learn about others and gain skills to build a social emotional toolkit for your teen years
- Thursdays - April 1, 8, 15, 22
- 7 pm - 8 pm
- Grades 6-8
- We would like to run the group based on what the needs of the girls who sign up are. Topics could include self-esteem, body image, friendships, etc. We will ask for your input when you register
- Group cost is $50. Once you have registered, a welcome pack will be sent to the registrant with any materials we will need for the group and a few surprises!
- PLEASE REGISTER BY MARCH 1
Please note that our groups are all-inclusive and whatever we talk about will confidentially stay within the group - unless there is any talk of self-harm or harm to others.
Check out our new TikTok account and join us in sending your friends a
Kindness Gram this Valentine's Day!
Empower Her and People's United Center for Women and Business Spring Workshop Series
- General Panel- kick off event with guest speaker Meredith Reuben and Q&A ~ March 4
- Financial Literacy for Students and Small Businesses presented by People's Bank ~ March 30
- Marketing and Social Media ~ April 20
- Legal Issues ~ June
We will send the invitation with the registration link to each workshop as soon
as Quinnipiac releases it. These workshops are open to the general public.
Empower Her GIRLS (Growing, Inspiring, Respecting, Learning, Succeeding) Annual Scholarship applications are open and accepting applications until March 31, 2021. This scholarship will be given to two high school senior girls who fit the following criteria:
- Resident of a town in New Haven County
- High School Senior Girl accepted into a college/university
- GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Extracurricular participation
- Community service
The amount of each scholarship for 2021 will be $400. Recipients will be notified by June 1, 2021.