THE KNIGHTLY NEWS
Neihardt Elementary - Better Together
MARCH 18, 2022
NOTES FROM DR. SULLIVAN
Third-quarter report cards will be sent home on March 25th.
As a reminder, we will be starting spring testing after spring break. This spring there will be a new state test, “NSCAS Growth.” NSCAS Growth, which is a blend of MAP Growth and NSCAS, assesses students in grade 3 - 8 in English Language Arts and Mathematics. The Nebraska Department of Education also tests Science in grade 5.
Because of this new state test, NSCAS Growth, we are choosing not to administer the MAP Growth assessment to grades 3-8 this spring. We will send home the NSCAS Growth test results when they are available from the Nebraska Department of Education.
Spring Break- April 4-8
School will be closed the week of April 4th for Spring Break.
PI DAY UPDATE
ONE SCHOOL, ONE BOOK
THE WILD ROBOT - WEEK 2
For more resources and information, check out our Neihardt Wild Robot website!
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR WILD ROBOT PROJECT
Sign Up Genius Link - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0A4EACAF2CAAFF2-wild
Amazon Link - https://a.co/82Er9e1
FAMILY ROBOT BUILD CHALLENGE
Selfie with a Robot
1. Build a robot at home, the more recycled/repurposed materials the better!
2. Robot can be any size
3. Take a selfie with your robot and email to Mrs. Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime before Monday, March 28th
4. Pictures will be printed and hung up for all to see
1. Make a diorama that shows a scene or event in The Wild Robot
2. Cannot be larger than a shoe box
3. Cannot be taller than 2 feet
4. The more recycled/repurposed materials the better!
5. Bring to the Library on Monday, March 28th (please not before)
6. Pick up your diorama Friday, April 1
7. Any dioramas left after April 1st will be disposed of
1. Build a robot, any robot – does NOT have to look like Roz
2. Cannot be more than 2 feet tall
3. The more recycled/repurposed materials the better!
4. Pick up your robot Friday, April 1
5. Any robots left after April 1st will be disposed of
GOLDEN SOWER CLUB MEETING
THURSDAY, MARCH 24
Students who are members of the Golden Sower Club will meet on Thursday, March 24th from 3:45 pm to 4:30 pm. Students will be dismissed from the front door at 4:30 pm. Please be sure that transportation has been prearranged. For questions, please contact Mrs. Ward at email@example.com
TIME TO ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK
ORDER ONLINE THROUGH APRIL 5
MARCH COMMUNITY CORNER
SPARK - SUMMER PROGRAM
Don’t Miss Out On This Epic Summer!
Are you looking for full day fun for your student this summer? Spark (formerly Kids Network) is a program provided by the Millard Public Schools Foundation and this summer we have great adventures planned for your child. Weekly registration is available, themed activities and weekly field trips!
New this year – Spark UP is our new summer program designed exclusively for incoming 5th and 6th graders.
Join us for a summer to remember! Don’t delay – we have limited spots available. Register Today! www.mpsfoundation.org
The Millard Public Schools Foundation supports the school district by providing funds to all 35 schools to support strategic initiatives.
LADY PATRIOT BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
Materials Community Review Opportunity
PARENT ACCESS LINE: