Symmes Elementary School
August 21, 2020
The school day is 9:30-4:00.
Drop off is 9:15-9:27
Car pick up will start at 4:00
AM Kindergarten is 9:30-12:25
PM Kindergarten is 1:05-4:00
Greetings Symmes Families!
Please be advised that class assignments and other beginning of the year information will be coming in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org next week. No paper mailing will be sent. Please make sure that you have updated all Final Forms so that you receive pertinent information for the start of the 2020-21 school year.
Looking forward to a great school year!
Mrs. Anne VanKirk
Principal, Symmes Elementary School
Mark your Calendar!
- September 1: Drive-Thru Meet the Teacher event for Face-to-Face students. See below for some additional details.
- September 3: Transition Day for Symmes Face-to-Face students with last names starting with A-L. Buses will run and students will come for a full day of school.
- September 4: Transition Day for Symmes Face-to-Face students with last names starting with M-Z. Buses will run and students will come for a full day of school.
- September 7: Labor Day- No School
- September 8: First Day ALL Students
- October 27: Picture Day
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM STUDENTS
September 7: Labor Day - No School
September 8: First Day ALL Students
Still planning: Picture Day for Virtual Classroom students, Meet the Teacher event, and chromebook pick-up.
SCHOOL HOURS for Face to Face Students
- 9:30 am - 4:00 pm: Full day kindergarten & Grades 1-4
- 9:30 am - 12:25 pm: Morning kindergarten
- 1:05 pm - 4:00 pm: Afternoon kindergarten
- 9:15 am - 9:27 pm: Drop off times for car riders
- 4:00 pm: Pick up time for car riders (more information on our car rider dismissal process will come next week)
SCHOOL PICTURE INFORMATION
This year, we will be partnering with Jostens for our school photography services. You will be seeing emails from Jostens sent through Sycamore periodically which will detail the dates and procedures for picture taking and ordering. Pictures will be mailed directly to your home. Jostens will also our service provider for yearbook information.. More information on picture day will be coming soon.
DRIVE THRU MEET THE TEACHER
If you have school supplies that you don't want your child to have to carry into school on their first day, you can drop them off with their teacher at this time. Please place items in a disposable bag and label with your child's name and teacher.
Face-to-Face students will be expected to turn in district laptops at this time.
We will welcome students according to the following schedule:
9:00 am - 9:45 am-- Kindergarten students
10:00 am - 10:45 am-- 1st grade students
11:00 am - 11:45 am-- 2nd grade students
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm-- 3rd grade students
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm-- 4th grade students
IMPORTANT- If your child will need medication administered or kept in the Nurse's office this year you must drop off the medication and medication orders with Nurse Ferron during the Drive Thru Meet the Teacher. Here is the link to our medication order form:
Please take this to your physician to sign. We need an order for any prescribed medication or over the counter medication. Nurse Ferron will have a tent to drive up to and drop off medication and orders during this event.
We are excited to welcome back our students to school whether they will be attending school face-to-face or virtually! For our students who will be attending school face-to-face, Sycamore has decided to implement transition days for our Kindergarten - 4th grade students to help make the transition back to school a little bit easier.
For the face-to-face students whose last names begin with A through L: their transition start date will be on Thursday, September 3rd. For the face-to-face students whose last name begin with M through Z, their transition start date will be on Friday, September 4th. All students (virtual and face-to-face) will begin attending classes on Tuesday, September 8th.
This transition day for face-to-face learning will allow our students to begin to learn the new safety protocol routines more easily as well as to ease our students back into the buildings.
More information will be coming soon regarding transition activities for our virtual classroom learners.
Preschool families - you will receive more details in regards to preschool’s start date soon.
Shop at AvesHangar.com for your Sycamore gear
The new online store at aveshangar.com features 150+ Sycamore Aviators-licensed items and other gifts including:
Aves Face Masks;
Spirit and sportswear from Nike, Under Armour, and Champion brands sized infant through
Novelty and gift items (stickers, water bottles, flags, magnets, mugs).
We offer free contactless delivery on Fridays within the District (including any school locations for teachers and staff) on all orders $19.99 and above . You will find the local
delivery option under Shipping in the checkout.
If your order is less than $19.99 or you live outside of the District, curbside pickup is
available at the Sycamore High School Athletic entrance on Wednesdays in August. If that
time doesn't work for you, please reach out, and we will do our best to work out other
As always, enjoy tax-free shopping at the Aves Hangar. As a non-profit organization, we
never charge tax on any items and sales benefit Sycamore High School. For questions or
more information, email Amy Browns Taylor at email@example.com.
Final Forms Reminder
A note from our school nurse
SCHOOL SUPPLY NOTES
- We will be giving each face-to-face student a personal pouch with a clean and a dirty side for mask storage during lunch and recess. See photo to the left.
- Remember that students will not be sharing ANY supplies during the school day. Please label everything you can with your child's name- including headphones, jackets, luchboxes, backpacks, and school supplies.
- The drinking fountains will not be operational this year but our water bottle filling stations will be. Please consider sending a water bottle with a closed or lidded drinking area with your student.
- You may also wish to send your student to school with a personal pack of tissues and a personal hand sanitizer.
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM STUDENTS
- If your child will be a virtual classroom student, we suggest choosing a suitable workspace and assembling your student's school supplies so they are easy for them to access throughout the school day.
kerakmi? 你需要帮助吗？ 도움이 필요하세요? お手伝いします?
Click here to be connected with Symmes Ambassadors: https://www.sycamoreschools.org/domain/909