The Preschool Press
March 11, 2022
A Note From the Director
This week we learned about St. Patrick and how he taught people the Holy Trinity. In Music we listened to a song written by St. Katharine Drexel and played a real xylophone. We heard the story of the found sheep in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and started preparing our box cars in Art for our parade happening April 22nd (more information coming soon).
Marquette and ECDC will be closed the week of March 14th for Spring Break. School resumes on Monday, March 21st.
(Week After) Next Week at a Glance
Feast of the Annunciation-Wear Pink Today!
Otters Zoo Field Trip
Happy Birthday Mrs. Jones!
Christ Care Day - March 26
Join with other parishioners in serving our parish AND the community on Saturday, March 26, during Christ Care Day. All families are invited to participate as the day will include various age-appropriate tasks.
Our day starts with Mass at 8 a.m. (optional) in the church followed by grab-and-go breakfast in the Marquette Cafeteria (optional) and then three hours of service on campus from 9 a.m. to noon. Participants will sign up for the service project of their choice at check-in. Service projects include:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich making
- Cards for homebound parishioners
- Assembling Backpacks of Hope for Little Lilies
Summer Play Days 2022
Summer Play Days registration is open. We will hold two, three week sessions on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 9am to 2pm.
Session One: June 6-June 24
Session Two: July 6-July 22
The cost is $50 per day. Children enrolling in PK3 next year may attend as long as they are potty trained. Questions? Contact Mrs. Bergner or Mrs. McGough.
Click HERE to register.
After School Art Class
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO