The PLP Weekly
Your one stop for everything PLP
Get informed with BSU this week:
Community Engagement Opportunities
The semester is half way over! Nervous about your service hours? Here are some great upcoming volunteer opportunities:
Saturday, Feb. 20th:
- IMPACT will be at Dream Catchers this Saturday from 10am-noon. Volunteers are needed to help at this event, so please email Sarah-Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping! You can also email Sarah-Sullivan if you would like to help but want to carpool.
- UCM's Potato Drop service event is also on Saturday! Over 100 volunteers are needed to help prepare 45,000 lbs of potatoes for local food banks. This is a great, on-campus activity - RSVP to email@example.com!
Saturday, Feb. 27th:
- The Banks family is looking for volunteers to help with an event the afternoon/evening of Feb. 27th! The event takes place in Gloucester and is over Spring Break, but if you will be in the area and have your own housing/transportation during that time, you can earn 4-5 service hours! Email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to RSVP!
Wednesday, March 9th:
- The last Career Fair of the semester is coming up on March 9th, and the CCP needs student volunteers to help this event run smoothly! There are 60-90 minute slots between 9am and 4pm, with a wide variety of different tasks! You could help run Check-In, unload or load vehicles (greatly appreciated by recruiters), make sure our guests have water to drink, collect evaluations, or assist with the event's tear down. Follow this link to sign up, or check out this document (ignore the date!) for more information on specific volunteer duties!
Check out the Engagement Opportunities document for more information about these events. If you know of another qualifying event you'd like advertised, fill out a Service Submission Form at least two weeks before the day of the event!
April 7th - Michael Beschloss (Distinguished Speaker Series - 7:30pm)
If you need to be excused from a speaker, you may fill out the Speaker Absence Form. This form must be filled out at least two business days prior to the speaker (with the exception of sudden illness or emergency) or your request may be marked as unexcused.
Passports happening in the next week!
- Everitt Lecture Series: James Sheeler
- First Command
- Propaganda Film Screenings
- Performing an Improvised Silent Film Soundtrack as an Education Tool
- Spoken Word with G Yamazawa
- CCP: Finding an Internship for Arts and Humanities Majors
- Nutrition: An Overview
- Foucault's Final Lectures on Leadership Development
If you're helping plan a campus event that you think would help CNU students connect with leadership concepts in new and exciting ways, then please fill out the passport destination request form.
For a spreadsheet version of current passports, click HERE.
To view a full calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.