GMOs are bad for us
Summary of what GMOS are
- Genetic make-up of offspring has been altered to select for desired traits and/or qualities
- The discovery of genetic engineering techniques have made it possible to introduce, delete or enhance particular traits is an organism or by otherwise altering its genetic make-up
- Where GMOs comprise GM plants or GM animals otherwise known as transgenic plants or transgenic animals they are refereed to as GMOs
- For consumers,it can be difficult to stay up-to-date on food ingredients that are at risks of being genetically modified as the list of risks agricultural ingredients is frequently changing
I am against GMOs because we are putting toxins in are body. Those toxins can effect us in the future.Those effects can cause our body pain in so many different ways. It can be death,you might have to go gultin free, and a lot more side effects. Scientists have proven both sides very well, but the one that stands out the most is the one telling us that GMOs are harmful.
- The Bt-toxin in corn is designed to puncture holes in insects cells, but studies show it does the same in human cells.
- Bt-toxin may be linked to Leakey gut, which physicians consistently see in gulten-sensitive patients.
- Several animals studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food.
- FDA scientists repeatedly warned of possible allergies, toxins, new disease, and nutritional problem the urged long-term safety studies.
- The superficial studies studies they do (at FDA) conduct are widely criticized as rigged to avoid finding problems.
- Bt-toxin, glyphosate, and other components of gmos are linked to five conditions that may either initiate or exacerbate gultin-related disorders.
- "The intorduction of GMOs is highly suspected as a candidate to explain the rapid rise in gultin-related disorder over the last 17 years". says Dr. Tomo Bryan
The other side has a few points too.
- Because of health fears, although there is little or no evidence of any risks
- The EV commission has funded 130 independent research projects,and none identified special risks from GM crops
- Genetic modification of food was a radical development and it was greeted with appropriate caution.
However,decades of strict examination have failed to produced evidence of harm