The AGAPE Times
December 2023 vol 5.5
From the Desk of Mrs. Weir, AGAPE Administrator
Winter Break is upon us and, though I am so proud of the progress our students are making in their courses here at AGAPE, I know everyone is very much looking forward to 2 weeks off!
The AGAPE side of the building will be completely closed the entirety of Winter Break. Head Start will be closed December 25th and 26th and again on January 1st and 2nd for LIMITED CHILDCARE due to staff vacations. If you are in need of childcare during Winter Break, please contact HeadStart at 651-744-7998 or at 651-248-8339.
I look forward to seeing everyone again on Monday, January 8th so that we can finish Quarter 2 strong together (Q2 ends January 25th).
Wishing you health, joy, safety and growth in the New Year - see you in 2024!
- Mrs. Weir
Alternative Bell Schedule for 12/22 for our Winter Event!
P1 8:30 - 9:41
P2 9:44 - 10:55
P3 10:58 - 12:09
Lunch 12:11 - 12:41
P4 12:44 - 1:55
Advisory/Event: 2:00 - 3:00
Important Dates and Events at AGAPE
- Winter Celebration Friday, December 21st at 2pm! Alternative bell schedule is posted above!
- AGAPE will be closed on Monday, December 25th-Friday, January 5th for Winter Break. HeadStart childcare will be open during break EXCEPT December 25th and 26th and January 1st and 2nd. Drop-in childcare is NOT ACCESSIBLE DURING BREAK - PLAN AHEAD for childcare needs!
- Students and staff will return to AGAPE on Monday, January 8th.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is Monday, January 15th. AGAPE and HeadStart childcare will both be closed in honor of Dr. King's memory.
- Friday, January 26th AGAPE will be closed for a Secondary grading day (Q2 ends 1/25!). HeadStart childcare WILL be open!
- Monday, February 12th AGAPE will be celebrating NAAPID (National African American Parent Involvement Day) with all of our students, staff and families at 8:30am. Kenna-Camara Cottman will be joining us for this event - we are so excited to welcome Kenna back to AGAPE!
Counselor's Corner - Updates and Info from Ms. Sparkman, AGAPE's counselor
- Ms. Sparkman has worked hard on Q2 schedules for students - please sign up to make an appointment in Calendly if you would like to discuss your class schedule, credits and/or grad plan!
Senior who are on Track to graduate in June or Summer of 2024 please bring your acceptance for college letters and scholarship awards to the office please so we can celebrate all your wonderful achievements.
Also if you need help applying to colleges or scholarships please make an appointment to see me at:
- Use Xello and continue applying to colleges!
Virtual FAFSA Sessions for Students and Families
The following evening zoom sessions are free to all Minnesota students and families. Please help us promote these events in your school and/or community.
1.Ready, Set, FAFSA Series – Starting January 9, 2024 @ 7 p.m.
With upcoming 24-25 FAFSA changes, Ready Set FAFSA sessions will assist students and families with creating a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID, completing the FAFSA or the MN Dream Act applications and understanding award letters. For 12th grade students and their families; four Tuesday evenings in January.
•Registration is open! Information for families about registering for the January series is
available here: https://sites.google.com/view/minnesotagoestocollege/for-students/attend-a-
•All sessions will have simultaneous interpretation in Spanish, Somali, Hmong – we are hoping
to add Karen as well.
•Students who attend a session or watch one of the recordings will be eligible to win a $1,000
scholarship! From our October series, two seniors won $500 scholarships from ECMC – one
from Farmington High School and one from Mounds View High School!
•These sessions are a collaborative effort between the Minnesota Office of Higher Education,
Minnesota Department of Education, ECMC The College Place and Minnesota Goes to