Rocky River Elementary School
Week of February 15-19
Monday, Feb. 15
- Optional Workday
Tuesday, Feb. 16 - Day 3
- MTSS meeting @ 8:00
- 2nd Quarter Data Meeting @ 2:30
- SIT rescheduled for Feb. 23
Wednesday, Feb. 17- Day 4
Thursday, Feb. 18 - Day 5
Friday, Feb. 19 - Day 6
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Chuck and Lani
Third Grade Living Museum
Let's Celebrate Mrs. Cubert!!!
We are very fortunate at Rocky River to have Mrs. Tracey Cubert as our counselor. She wears many hats and always is cool, calm, and collected! She truly has many superpowers from teaching Character Kids, organizing MTSS meetings and folders, managing 504 Plans, distributing meal bags, organizing our mentor program and providing group and individual counseling sessions. WHOA!
Please take a moment this week to honor and thank Mrs. Cubert for all she does for our staff, parents, and students.
Place Value - made by a kiddo
Read Across America Week
Monday, Feb. 29
- Dr. LaRusso will make an official proclamation on the Morning Pit Stop.
- School wide DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) time 9:45-10:05 will be announced.
Tuesday, Mar. 1
- Red, White, & Black Day - Dress in the Cat and the Hat's favorite colors!
- Author, Amazing Steve Somers will be our special guest visitor!
- Family Reading Night 5:30-6:30pm
- Cake will be served in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday, yum!
Wednesday, Mar. 2
- Wacky Wednesday - Dress up in your favorite Dr. Seuss character or in another wacky way! (mix & match clothes, crazy hair, etc.)
Thursday, Mar. 3
- Hats off to reading! Wear your favorite hat!
Friday, Mar. 4
- Book Parade provided by 1st & 2nd Graders dressed in their favorite book characters
- PreK, Kindergarteners, and 3rd Graders will line up to view parade and wear silly socks!
That's a WHOLE latta snowballs!
Ms. Seto's class used creative ways to learn about fractions.
Make a Wish
Ms. Miller's class completed a written application to become a famous tooth fairy....pretty convincing!
Our 2nd Graders were able to conduct some cool science experiments with the famous Rocket Ryan!
Make a Wish
100 Days Smarter!
As hard as it is to believe, Monday was our 100th day! While it seems like it this year is flying by it also is a reminder. We only have 80 days left to provide the students with our very best instruction, wisdom and love! Do your best work today!!
100th day pics
What's their secret??!!?
What a transformation! One day these fine PreK teachers needed assistance and the next day they were keeping right in pace with their preschoolers!