December 14, 2015
From Daisy's Desk...
- December 15: Grade Level Meeting--TKES Mid-year Conference with Todd & Jan
- December 16: Faculty Meeting
- December 21-January 1: NO SCHOOL :)
- January 4: Professional Development Day - No students
- January 5: APTT 1/2 day preparation (Kindergarten in AM & 1st Grade in PM)
- January 6: APTT 1/2 day preparation (2nd grade in AM & 3rd grade in PM)
- January 7: APTT 1/2 day preparation (4th grade in AM & 5th grade in PM)
- January 12: APTT Night - Kindergarten & 1st Grade
- January 13: APTT Night - 2nd Grade & 3rd Grade
- January 14: APTT Night - 4th Grade & 5th Grade
- January 18: MLK Day - NO SCHOOL :)
GA Milestones Testing Schedule
The administration dates have changed for the GA Milestone in April. Testing will now begin on April 14th. Here is the revised schedule. *schedule is saved as a Google Doc, so when you click on the link, it might ask you to log in to itslearning-make sure you aren't logged into your personal Gmail account :)
We have also changed the faculty meeting and IST/DATA team meeting dates in March to allow for staff training. Here is the revised Midway Meetings calendar.
[REPEAT] GA Milestones Information
The information below was posted on the FCSS website. I highly recommend you watch the 7 minute webinar that explains the student scale score! (Heads-up: The EOC information applies to MS). You may also post a link in itlsearning for parents to access!
Georgia Milestones End-of Grade and End-of Course scale scores will be posted in Parent Portal on November 16, 2015. Student score reports are beginning to arrive and will be sent home the week of November 30-December 4. The student score report will have more detailed information than can be posted in the Parent Portal.
If you have questions about our student’s Georgia Milestones score report, please contact your school or plan to attend one of three parent sessions that will be held across the county in January.
· January 7: Otwell Middle School, 6:30 pm
· January 12: Piney Grove Middle School, 6:30 pm
· January 19: North Forsyth Middle School, 6:30 pm
Parents may view the presentation below to help understand the scale score and its relationship to your child’s achievement level:
ALSO: Susan Norce is working to develop a series of webinars to show you how to use GA DOE Milestones resources as instructional tools in the classroom. The first webinar is about using the achievement level descriptors. It is available in itslearning in the Georgia Milestones Course / GADOE Resources for instruction webinar series folder!
[REPEAT] FCSS Tech Fair: January 30th
Teachers: We need YOU, your spouse, or a family friend to volunteer to judge. You think you've seen amazing things here at school---you MUST see what these kids can do when they are put to the test! If you are interested in judging, please email Karen Daughtery at firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd, 4th & 5th Grade teachers: please encourage your students to participate! It is an AMAZING event. Please post this blurb on itslearning too:
All students in grades 3-12 who are schooled within Forsyth County may participate in the Tech Fair, which is held at Whitlow Elementary school on January 30th, 2016. This includes all public, private and home schooled students. Grade level divisions are as follows:
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
- Grades 9-10
- Grades 11-12
- Note: Multimedia category divisions are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Note: Hardware category divisions are 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12 ONLY
- Note: Programming Challenge category divisions are 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12 ONLY
You may have up to 2 people on a team but teams and individuals will compete against each other within each grade grouping.
More information about registration: http://techfair.forsyth.k12.ga.us/reg.html
Partner in Ed Spotlight
Lanier Islands Magical Nights of Lights and Winter Adventure is offering 25% off ticket prices for our district employees. To receive the deal, please show your badge or use FORSYTH2015 online.
~Thank you to Sarah LeBlanc and Kim Benton for sharing their expertise about close reads and number talks! We learned so much from both of you!
~Thank you to David Krosner for hosting Appy Hour!
~Thank you to Ashley Zatorsky for your long nights after school sitting with a student!!
~Thank you to Daisy Tremps, Liz Ralston, and Jen Emmert (Jan told me to include myself, HA!) for preparing for APTT!
~Congratulations to Sheila Phillips for being selected amongst the Teacher of the Year county finalists!