Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Sept 20
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Eligibility still counts for marching band! If a student is not academically eligible they won’t be able to participate. Students can remain eligible all year by passing all of their classes on every report cart! A waiver for AP classes with a grade higher than a 60, must be approved by principal
All winds and percussion will be wearing their black band shorts and WHITE band shirt for the Red Rail Game. Anyone that still needs to pick up their black shorts can do so after marching Band Practice Tuesday/Thursday - 8:00pm contact Mrs. Pratt at Uniforms@grapevinehsband.com to make arrangements.
Wind Ensemble, see below.
Red Rail, see below- Itinerary, Inspection Procedures, and Bus Information.
North Texas Giving Day raised over $3,000!
- CLICK HERE to get music on our website.
- We are excited to start our first fundraiser of the year! We have partnered with MSC Fundraising to sell masks! The website has our initial line up, but more will be added soon! You can check it out here: https://www.mscfundraising.com/collections/ghs-mustang-band
- We are in the process of updating Charms. If you are receiving our emails you are listed on the Grapevine Band roster. If you attend CHHS, please let Mr. Rees (James.email@example.com) know and we will transfer you to the correct school.
- We have also compiled another version of the calendar that can be found HERE.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day.
Red Rail Game Info
Parking - $8 in advance and $10 at the gate.
Waiver for Globe Life Park - ALL STUDENTS MUST complete the waiver form for Globe Life Park
Students do NOT need a ticket.
Tickets - Tickets are available now and can only be purchased online. Tickets start at $12 and will be available in restricted groups to allow for social distancing within Globe Life Park. All games at Globe Life Park will require facial coverings, social distancing, as well as other enhanced safety and health measures.
The Mustang Band will be located in sections 11 and 12 for this game.
- Enter through door 34 and proceed to the auditorium
- Mini lesson schedule has been updated, we will do mini lessons on Monday!
- Students will be 6 feet apart at all times
- QR codes for trace log will be used
- We will begin new music on Tuesday
Concession Help Needed!
Here is the link for Varsity Concessions
Mustang Daily Dollars
This a new fundraiser to our band. We are expecting for 100% participation. It is budget friendly and easy! Make sure to ask family and friends and share on social media! You will ask them to donate/sponsor a calendar day. They will donate the dollar amount represented by the date.
EXAMPLE: Sponsor Sept 22th and donate $22. Sponsor Sept 10th and 25th and donate $35. It is that easy!
Every student that completes the entire calendar will receive 10% of the calendar donations as a credit to their CHARMS account. That would be $46.50 to your band account!** If you raise more then it is more $$ in your account! We are challenging every student to complete 2
calendars. We will also have prizes that are listed on the instruction page.
Due date is Tuesday, Sept 29th at the beginning of Band Rehearsal at 6:00pm. Please turn in your completed calendar, donation log and money in the envelope the student received their packet in. If you child was not at Band Rehearsal or participating remotely you can download the
- The Mustang Daily Dollars fundraiser has the potential to raise almost $60,000! We NEED EVERY student to participate!
- North Texas Giving Day raised over $3,000!
- All Volunteers need to fill out a GCISD required background check
- Have you joined our FB Parent Page? If not, please go to the link and
request to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2772812576066464
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone.
Visit the band website for details.