GRE Family Gazette
January 20, 2020
Don't forget to join our GRE Family Schoology Group! Access Code: N5VZ-VWQC-W7VVZ
Dear GRE Families,
We had an awesome turnout for our STEM/Literacy Night last week! I hope you had fun with your family and enjoyed playing our student created carnival games. A huge thank you to Mrs. Keller, Mrs. Grijak, our staff volunteers and our PTO for putting together one special night!
It's hard to believe we are more than halfway through January. The weather has gotten colder so be sure to send your child(ren) with all the winter fixings-coat, hat, gloves, etc. If you need help getting these items or know someone who may need help, please reach out to us and let us know!
We sent home several important pieces of mail this week including Yearbook Order Forms, February Conference Invites, and Eagle Extension information. Be sure to check your child's backpack to make sure you've seen all these important goodies!
Here's to a GREat week at GRE!
Principal, General Rosecrans Elementary
A Note From the Nurse-Is it a cold or the flu?
As a reminder, students should remain home if they have the following:
- a fever (temp 100.00 or greater),
- vomited or had diarrhea in the last 24 hrs
- have been given an antibiotic(must be on the antibiotic for 24hrs before returning)
- unexplained rash
- eyes with a purulent discharge
- Nasal discharge that is green
News to Share
2. Are you a member of the military? Consider letting us know so that we can connect you with other families in the military and show our appreciation for your service at upcoming events. Click here to see available resources for our military families. We hope you'll join us for Military Appreciation Night at the HS basketball game on January 31st. We will host dinner at 6:30 and the game starts at 7:30. We can't wait to see you there!
3. Each year, we have a State of the Schools event to inform the community of all aspects of the district. This year, the State of the Schools took the form of the January edition of The Eagle Examiner. On Friday, the district posted photos from the edition EVERY HOUR on all the districts social media channels! You can also check out the full edition of The Eagle Examiner here: https://tinyurl.com/u6u72cn #InspireAndGuide
4. As a reminder, you must use the parent drop off loop when dropping your kids off in the morning or picking them up in the afternoon. This is for your child's safety and the safety of all of our students. We continue to see parents dropping off in the bus loop. Beginning this week, we will be blocking off this lot to help keep our students safe. If you have questions regarding pick up/drop off procedures, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Need help with what letter day it is?
Monday, January 20th- No school
Tuesday, January 21st-A Day
Wednesday, January 22nd- B Day
Thursday, January 23rd- C Day
Friday, January 24th- D Day
Upcoming Important Dates:
Jan. 18-Feb. 1 Yearbook Sale
January 31 Military Appreciation Night-HS Basketball Game
February 7 Eagle’s Nest
February 13 PTO Meeting 6:30pm
February 14 K-4 Valentine Parties 2:30-3:20
February 17 NO SCHOOL: President’s Day
February 20 P/T Conferences 4:00-8:00pm
Feb. 24- Feb. 28 Read Across America Week
Feb. 28 Rockin’ Recess
Help us recognize our amazing GRE staff members! If you have an outstanding experience, fill out this form to let us know about it. Ms. Thoma in conjunction with our GRE PTO will be highlighting these amazing accomplishments!