News and Notes - December 2021
Innovative Online, Blended and Real-World Learning
Wishing you and your family the warmest wishes this Holiday season!
Mrs. Houchin Presents at SLATE
Our very own Mrs. Houchin recently presented at the Wisconsin school technology conference, SLATE, which stands for School Leaders Advancing Technology in Education. Her session was titled Interactive Inspiration and focused on using websites to mold music instruction into the 21st century. According to Mrs. Houchin, “when students are given choices to show their learning, they will thrive”. We are extremely grateful for the effort that Mrs. Houchin puts forth in support of our eCampus students and proud of her showing others what good technology-enhanced instruction looks like!
Our new eCampus awning is now installed!
Elementary Classroom Updates from Mrs. Hail and Mrs. Retzlaff
1. Upcoming Field Trips
- December 20th at 1:00 p.m.: Mrs. Retzlaff and Mrs. Hail will be hosting a holiday craft session via ZOOM. These crafts make great decorations or gifts for loved ones. Be sure to respond to the Google Forms attached here to RSVP.
2. Timberdoodle Families in the Spotlight
- The Luecht Family worked hard on their family farm in Illinois during harvest season. Simeon and Judah got to get their hands dirty and learn all about machinery, crops and the importance of hard work.
- Hailey Kaercher learned about diamonds in her history lessons. She decided to do a science experiment to learn more about diamonds and crystals and created rock candy at home!
3. Thank you to everyone who attended the field trips:
- Lucky Piggy- We were so impressed with everyone’s clay lucky piggy. We hope it has brought you and your family a lot of luck! We hope you had fun traveling to the country of Chile.
- Dettmann Farm- We learned so much about how to care for dairy cows and even saw baby cows called calves. Thank you to the Dettmann family for the tour of your farm!
Nathan, a 6th grader, is showcasing his book project.
Student Poster Submissions
We Want to Hear From You!
Helpful tips and reminders for accessing Schools PLP
Because we continue to have new families each month, we'll continue to share videos and information that might be useful at anytime throughout the year. Returning students are familiar with the SchoolsPLP learning platform, but we encourage everyone to watch these short videos created by our own lead teacher, Tracy Poches, as a refresher. Who knows, you might learn something new.
Welcome to eCampus
Parents are able to login to SchoolsPLP to check grades and see if their student is on pace. The short video below will show you how to do this. You will need your student's ID and school password to login. If you need login information, please call or email Keisha Logan.
Career and Accelerated Degree Pathways
The eCampus Academy Pathways Program saves students time and money while accessing high quality, future-ready learning experiences and professional programs. We're really excited about this opportunity for students. Contact Dave Vitale with questions and/or visit our pathways page.