CHES FALCON FOCUS
January 15, 2016
PLAN (Professional Learning Activities Network) Transition from Avarat Systems (current vendor) to True North Logic (new vendor): Need to Knows and What to Dos
Enroll in all classes published to PLAN scheduled between now and February 15th no later than January 27th.
There will be a PLAN blackout period February 1-15. Users will not have access.
TNL is scheduled to go live February 16, 2016.
LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
TEACHER WORKROOM & LOUNGE
Please remember that students and/or teacher's children should never be in the teacher's workroom or beyond the front desk. That area is for teachers and staff only. If you have your child with you and need to check your box, use the restroom or clock out, please leave your child in the front office, seated quietly in a chair. We never want to violate another person's privacy and allowing children to be in those areas may do just that. Thank you for your consideration of others.
CHANGES TO MASTER CALENDAR
May 25th: All K-4 classes will have their awards ceremonies in the gym during specials. Class picnics for all grade levels should be scheduled before or after the awards ceremony, with the exception of 5th grade. Fifth grade will have their picnic on this day and promotion ceremony on May 26th.
May 26: Fifth Grade Promotion in gym starting at 9:00.
TNREADY TESTING SCHEDULE UPDATES
April 18-25: 3rd grade specials will be from 12:15-1:00
May 5-12: Kindergarten and 5th grade will switch lunch times.
TNREADY: OR NOT...HERE IT COMES!
Like in years past, primary grade levels will be assigned to tested grade levels in an effort to encourage students and teachers during testing. This year, grade levels will be partnered rather than individual classes.
Kindergarten is assigned to 5th grade
1st grade is assigned to 4th grade
2nd grade is assigned to 3rd grade
Grade levels can work together to determine the best way to encourage our tested students during each phase this year!
BEST WISHES TO PARKER!
MRS. PARKER PITTMAN
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Go to Belize and help teachers there with how to teach their kids and teach them new techniques to use in their own classroom.
- What make you laugh the most?
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- If money were no object, what would you do all day?
Go to Uganda with the Mercy Ship program or go back to Belize.
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
The early 1800’s, back then life seemed more simplistic.
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have?
The power to be invisible and to fly
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
To not have gotten a Jetta and attempt to drive it to Fort Benning on November 1st, 2013.
- If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Harriett Tubman, Ronald Reagan, Lee Williams, and Jim Pittman.
- What is the most daring thing you've ever done?
Go to Belize for Spring Break in college with a group of total strangers.
- What song would you say best sums you up?
Firework by Katy Perry
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION RESOURCES
Instructional Week 21
Late Bus Duty: Fourth Grade
18 NO SCHOOL
- The building will be open from 7:00-3:30.
- First Grade Awards @ 1:30
- Fourth Grade Awards @ 2:00
- Third Grade Awards @ 2:30
- Second Grade Awards @ 2:30
- PD Meeting begins at 7:15 in MC.
- Fifth Grade Awards @ 2:30
Instructional Week 22
Late Bus Duty: Fifth Grade
- PD Meeting begins at 7:15 in MC.
- 100th Day of School
- All students report to the gym during specials for Jump Rope For Heart Kick Off