By: Megan Burnett
The chemical symbol is O, because the first letter of the word oxygen is O. Sometimes it doesn't always have 1 letter it might have 2 letters but there only can be 1 capital letter. If there are more than 1 capital letters then it would be considered a compound.
Is it a metal, metaloid, or a nonmetal?
7 Fun Facts
* We are all breathing oxygen and our body takes it in. We all need oxygen to survive.
* We are the only planet in the solar system with enough oxygen gas available to let us survive.
* Did you know that if you breathe too much oxygen you could die?
* If you have a room filled with oxygen and hydrogen (H) and someone lights a match... it will explode!
* Oxygen is the eighth element of the periodic table and can be found in the second row.
* Oxygen is a colorless and odorless molecule that is a gas at room temperature.
* Oxygen is inside things made out of plastic.