Class of 2020 - Graduation Events!
Senior Events Updates - May 29, 2020
Seniors 2020 Updates
Dear Blue Hills Graduates and Families:
After several weeks of discussions and input, we are moving forward with our graduation plans. Please review the information below carefully.
While we know that this is a different type of graduation than we have held in the past, we are excited to celebrate with our seniors and families as they move on to the next phase of life. Covid-19 has disrupted so much of our lives, but it cannot change how proud we are of our seniors and their accomplishments.
Seniors - Graduation Events
May 29 - 6 pm - Senior Awards Night Broadcast. Be sure to tune in - we will be playing the senior slideshow as well. The link to the video is: https://youtu.be/kzwsvq7ggyw and will also be available on the Blue Hills website.
June 1 - 10 am - Senior Car Parade at Blue Hills. Decorate your car and come drive through the campus. Your teachers will be there to wave and congratulate you! Please arrive at school by 10 a.m. and enter through the Massasoit gates. You will be instructed to park until the parade is ready to start. Everyone must remain in their cars at all times. Let's celebrate your last official day of high school!
June 9 - 3 pm - 7 pm - BHR Class of 2020 Graduation
This year, we will be celebrating our graduating seniors in a hybrid drive-through style graduation. The Graduation Committee has been hard at work listening, deliberating, and planning a ceremony that will provide closure and recognition for our seniors. We are very grateful to the Canton Board of Health as well for reviewing our plans and helping us to ensure a safe event.
- One car will be allowed per senior; please review the schedule below for your arrival time. "Ticket Templates" will be emailed to all seniors to fill out and print - these can be taped to your window or hung on your rear view mirror upon arrival. They will not be collected. (Families with extenuating circumstances in regards to vehicles, or seniors unable to attend should contact Mr. Zini)
- Seniors should wear caps and gowns, as well as face masks for the actual receiving of the diplomas. Caps may be decorated!
- When arriving, seniors and families will enter the campus through the main entrance on the exit side, and drive towards the Senior Parking lot. There, they will be organized by vocational program.
- Once organized, the seniors and their families will process around the back of the building to the east bus circle, where they will be held prior to their shop ceremony.
- The shop will proceed as a group by vehicle to the front of the building, where the graduation stage will be set up and the sidewalk will be marked.
- Seniors only will be directed to pre-assigned numbers on the sidewalk. Once in place, we will call names for diplomas and students will cross the stage and receive their diplomas. All family members and attendees arriving with the senior are asked to remain in their cars at all times.
- Seniors will return to their cars and leave campus together.
- The entire event will be professionally recorded and the recording will be made available to all seniors and their families. Speeches will be pre-recorded and will be a part of the final video. A photographer will also be on site to capture students receiving diplomas. We ask that parents and families take senior photos at home this year.
- Please do not arrive on campus until your scheduled arrival time.
We are waiting on a final delivery date for yearbooks, but it does look like this will be after graduation. If so, we will arrange days for students to pick them up.
Jill Rossetti, Superintendent
Geoff Zini, Principal
Graduation Schedule - Arrival Times
Boston Globe Opportunity
The Boston Globe has contacted us with an opportunity for graduating seniors and their families. Currently, they are working on a special edition of the Sunday Globe set to publish June 21st.
In this edition, parents and guardians of 2020 graduates will be able to create announcements celebrating their student's achievements. It will be paired with class of 2020 coverage.
Here is a link to the self-serve page: https://createanad.bostonglobemedia.com/bg-adportal/celebrate/index.html