Seminars for Grad Students who want to Excel and Stand Out
About: Are you a new engineering graduate student who wants to get a head start? Or maybe you are a graduate student veteran who wants to take their set of skills to the next level? The Gordon and Idea center has created a seminar series that will teach how to excel in graduate courses, research, job searching, funding, and even starting your business. Seminars will be held throughout the school year and is open to all engineering graduate students. So take and break and come by to network and learn new skills with fellow peers, industry, and distinguished faculty.
Lunch Will Be Provided!!!!!!
Time: Specific Fridays at noon
Place: Qualcomm Room, EBU-1
Dates & Topics:
- Oct. 4 - Timeline of your PhD or Masters
- Oct. 18 - How to choose the right PI for you
- Nov. 8 - How to use the library to research effectively
- Nov. 22 - Learn how to perform literature reviews
- Dec. 6 - Tips and tricks to obtain funding
- Dec. 13 - Secrets to Entrepreneurship