WEEK OF DECEMBER 16
DR. NULL'S CISD WORD OF THE YEAR...
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY...
Kara handed me an envelope Thursday evening as I left the fourth grade program. I had no idea what was in it and opened it with Jeff when I got home. Needless to say, tears filled both of our eyes with your generosity and outpouring of love. This has been an incredibly hard week and I appreciate all the support and love you have shown me and my family. As you know, Joe was a special part of our lives for the past 3 years and we will forever be grateful for the opportunity we had to have him with us daily. Thank you for being a part of my extended family! I am blessed beyond measure!
(On a side note, if you notice me wearing clothes that I shouldn't, please feel free to let me know. Joe critiqued my outfits on a daily basis for the last 3 years. Not sure who will do it now?)
THINGS TO KNOW...
* E is our letter this week. Excellent cafeteria behavior. Tickets are in your mailboxes and the letter will be in your mailboxes Monday. There will be fewer circles this week since it is a shorter week.
* Please make sure parents are aware of your winter celebration times and what they need to do, if anything.
* Foundations will meet after school on Wednesday, December 18. If you have any concerns, please make sure and share them with your Foundations team member.
* Lisa McGarrah will be here on Wednesday for a lunch and learn. While we realize it's close to the holidays, this is a cool tool that she's going to share with us. It is optional but I would like to encourage
* Wednesday planning is being replaced with Lunch and Learn in the front conference room. Please bring your lunch and play with this new program Lisa will be sharing with us.
* Site based meeting scheduled for Monday is going to be canceled. We will meet in January.
* PJ/Polar Express Day is Thursday, December 19. If you want to wear PJs along with your students, feel free to do so. Just make sure they are school appropriate. :)
* December 19 is a full work day. You are expected to finish and submit grades and it would be nice if you clean up your rooms before you leave that day.
* January 6 is a work day for teachers.
* January 7 is staff development for the entire staff. A schedule for the day will be sent out next week.
We will have a brief training on the copy machine as it must last through the year. For now,
*cardstock must go in drawer 5, follow the directions on the wall
*cardstock CANNOT be double sided
IF it stops working, you must stop using it immediately and report the code to Kathie.
IF there is a sign on the machine that it is broken, DO NOT use it!
They have replaced many parts this week. Remember that everything is plastic in there and the harder you slam the drawers, the more likely that breakage will happen.
Bottom line - BE GENTLE!!! Talk nice to it. I don't know, help us make it last for the rest of the year.
Week 1 - Dec. 2 - 6 - teachers will have an O to display in your classroom. It has 80 circles inside it. You will also have tickets to hand out. (Remember, I think we reused the tickets last year since students don't put their names on them) As students get tickets for OUTSTANDING HALLWAY BEHAVIOR, teachers collect the tickets and color in a circle. When your class gets all 80 filled in, they win a TRIP TO THE TREASURE TOWER!
Week 2 - December 9 - 13 - Respectful interactions - You will get an R and different colored tickets for Respectful Interactions. When students are caught have respectful interactions with each other or with an adult, they get a ticket. The rest is the same as the O.
Week 3 - Dec. 16 - 19 - Excellent Cafeteria Behavior - Same as above but specifically looking at cafeteria behavior.
SPECIAL NOTE - February 17
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
*Stephanie and the entire specials team for helping our fourth graders putting on incredible 3 shows yesterday. Thank you for all you do for our students! - 4th grade team
*2nd grade teachers for switching specials with us this week for benchmark testing! - 4th grade team
*Kara for being a great leader on our campus this week while Tami was out! - 4th grade team
*Rachel Miller for setting up our books in the team room! We love it! - 4th grade ELA teachers
*Social Committee team for putting together our school holiday party this year! -4th grade team
FOCUS FOR 19-20
*integration of technology
*implementation of guided math 3x a week
*improving Tier 1 best practices
SUGGESTION BOX RESPONSES
FUTURE DATES TO KNOW...
16 - Nancy Heidenreich's birthday
18 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
18 - Lisa McGarrah will be here for lunch and learn
18 - Foundations meeting after school
18 - Sherry Kissner's birthday
19 - Early release -PJ day
6 - Teachers return to work - work day
7 - All staff returns - half day guest speaker/half day training -
8 - Students return to school
9 - Ambassador Award presented by Dr. Null
11 - Western Art Show